Cruel Hoax- not a Seated!!

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
In 5 years of hunting I've only found one Seated coin.

I was looking through my pocket change the other day. I almost made water in my pants when I saw this French 1/2 Franc tails up on my dining room table.

Is this close or what?! :shock: :no:

Darn those French!!! ;)

Attachments

• 1-2 Franc 1 R.jpg
    1-2 Franc 1 R.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 607
  • 1-2 Franc 8 R.jpg
    1-2 Franc 8 R.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 572
:lol: I'm surprised you still had it to take a picture of... If it would have been me once I took a better look and realized it was a 2007 coin and not a seated I would have whipped that thing as far as possible and walked away. :laughing:

After 4 years, I'm still looking for my first ! You've found one. Celebrate !

:lol: I'm surprised you still had it to take a picture of... If it would have been me once I took a better look and realized it was a 2007 coin and not a seated I would have whipped that thing as far as possible and walked away. :laughing:

If you whipped that thing as far as possible......then you could have dug it up in a year or two....imagine the fun!!!!:laughing:

I does look similar. I've found several while roll hunting, and like most of the foreign coins I've found, I toss em!

If you whipped that thing as far as possible......then you could have dug it up in a year or two....imagine the fun!!!!:laughing:

Just to return the cruelty, I should plant it during one of those colonial hunts for my buddies. :D

I'll blame it on some non-existing French exchange student. :roll: ;)

That is cruel!

Hey..have some fun with it and share the love!...toss it out in a well hunted totlot, drop it into a Coinstar reject tray, toss it out on a beach, drop it into the 'take a penny' tray at your local store...

Somebody somewhere will appreciate a good pants wetting!...:laughing:
Mud

I've still never found any Seated coin. With the pics and finds people post on Facebook, it seems that they'd be not all that scarce (of course this isn't true).

I found a site that's yielded about 10 Indians, a few LC's, but still no Seated (nor any old silver at all), which is weird.

I feel your pain.
I once dug a Peace Dollar in a park and I was shocked.
All wrecked up but still...a silver dollar.

PicsArt_1418141222183.jpg

Then I turned it over to look at the eagle and this is what I saw.

PicsArt_1418141259012.jpg

A Two-Face Batman movie coin sold as a souvenir.
Never flew so high and crashed so hard.
The upside is a few years later I found a real 1922 Peace dollar so hopefully the same will happen to you asap.

Digger, wow that was turn for the worse! ;)

That likely gave a real blasting signal too.

Some day I hope we all get a real one under our coils. :D

Digger, wow that was turn for the worse! ;)

That likely gave a real blasting signal too.

Some day I hope we all get a real one under our coils. :D

It took a couple of years and a 750 mile move to another state but one day, totally out of the blue, I decided to dig a full can signal.
It wasn't a can.

Notice the year...I believe karma had something to do with this one.
Here's hoping it helps you out too.

Attachments

• user10659_pic68268_1443354973.jpg
    user10659_pic68268_1443354973.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 187
Back
Top Bottom