FINALLY Coinstar silver

pryan67

Forum Supporter
I finally found my first Coinstar silver.

I was taking my daughter back to college last night and checked the coinstar machine and saw three dimes. One VERY shiny, so I knew it was modern clad.

Then I noticed one of them was shiny, but "matte" and saw that it was a 1957 D

The other was crusty and dirty so I wasn't too thrilled but when I tried to read the date I saw 19 and then what looked like a 4....

after getting home I confirmed it...a 194X Rosie....

so two silvers in my first coinstar silver find

Attachments

• coinstar.jpg
    coinstar.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 415
Nice score. I haven't even gotten one coin out of a CoinStar in a long time. You did real good.

I rarely find coins at the coin star but always look. This week was my third time with results. I never look, just grab and go. It was about 6 or 7 coins. One or two dimes. The second I grabbed them I knew the score. They were all STICKY!!!
So that’s why they were rejected and I ended up with sticky all over my hand.
Some day........... some day it will be my turn

Neat, congrats !!!! :thumbsup:

As hard as it might be to find Coinstar silver, in some areas it still might be easier than finding one in the dirt :lol:

Congrats Patrick! I shop at one local grocery store that has a Coinstar, check it every time and usually the reject tray is empty. I did get a couple of clad hauls, and my first two silver dimes this year.

Coinstar

Wow, two silvers, that's never happened to me. I did get a silver quarter once though. And probably ten times finding silver. Actually, one time I got $17.90 and the next day over ten dollars. Of coarse, most of the time it's a rotten zinc, or a washer, if anything. Oh, another time I found a mercury dime laying on the floor in front of the coinstar. Congrates, and keep looking.

Congratulations on the easy silvers. The other day I was at the grocery store and I always check the coin star ( my wife makes fun of me for it) and there were coins in the return slot. One of them was a 1958 Rosie. Who’s laughing now! ( she still made fun of me but who cares)

I think there must be a conspiracy against me. In 8 plus years of checking i have found one clad dime. Silver in a coinstar???? Yall must be pulling my leg. 99.9999 percent of the time all i find is some dirt.

Back
Top Bottom