Deus EMI help badly needed

Boondocks

Ok, I have had several instances where my new Deus was super chattery. In advance of today’s hunt near some powerlines I read everything I could find about quieting the machine. Long story short I got there and adjusted frequencies including going through all frequency offsets. I lowered the sensitivity as far as 85 put Tx on 2 and ground balanced pumping to 82 and then manual between 88 and 90. The darn thing was completely unhuntable and I had to put it in the car. I used my CTX and had no problems and found 7 deep Civil War bullets. The ATPro I brought for a friend had no issues and found a bullet and my buddies Equinox 600 had no issues and found 3 bullets. I have used this Deus in an open area and it has done fine but I wanted it for these areas with Civil War activity. Starting to think I shouldn’t have purchased it. Help please.

Power lines and electric fences have always been an issue with me and my Deus.

I have learnt to keep away from them although the higher frequency of 18kHz's (I ran V2 software) can reduce the problem by a little.

Basic 1 and 2 will not solve the problem but I have used them in the past.

Frequency offset. I have used to stop pin-pointer interference and if I am using my machine close to another Deus on the same frequency.

Can’t help but you have my sympathy. I’m not a big fan of my very chatty Deus !

Get the HF coils. I set mine on 54 k and it takes care of EMI including electric fences. No worries.

I’ve thought about that but is that frequency still a good choice for deep Civil War bullets and buttons, etc.?

Hmmmm

I have also found that Reactivity and Silencer settings could help with chatter.
Might want to try those also.

I find that generally speaking. The higher the Reactivity and/or Silencer the quieter it may run. Realize though that you may be reducing depth etc.

And like others. I find my HF elliptical runs pretty quiet.

So yes, can mess with frequency, sensitivity, reactivity and silencer.

I think. Lol.

Heck. Others know a lot more than me, so take these comments with a grain of salt. But these are my opinions/thoughts.

I usually run frequency around 28k I think. And reactivity between 2.5 and
3. 3 seems quieter. Leaving silencer alone. Sensitivity 90. GB manual set to 90 works for me pretty much.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Ron F.
————

P.S. I find when I run in pitch mode. Also seems a bit quieter.

Last edited:
I’ve thought about that but is that frequency still a good choice for deep Civil War bullets and buttons, etc.?

I`ve gotten small lead easily 8" down with the round 9" HF coil running at 54k in the deep program. Run it at 96 sensitivity. At 96 sensitivity your still ok with the EMI at 54k. You can't go wrong with that coil.

what program were you running the deus in? Honestly sounds more like you have a bad coil. IF your EQ 600 could handle it the deus should of been able to also from my experience my Eq machines have been more finicky to EMI than deus. Sometimes its as simple as just adding a little disc. Sounds like you have a bad coil. IF ya know someone with a deus see if you could borrow a coil and try in the same place.

It ended up being because I built my programs off of the Deep base program. I made them again using the Fast program as a base and I’m not having issues anymore. Thanks y’all for the help.

Back
Top Bottom