Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 10-17-2020, 06:28 PM

Default Deus EMI help badly needed

Ok, I have had several instances where my new Deus was super chattery. In advance of today’s hunt near some powerlines I read everything I could find about quieting the machine. Long story short I got there and adjusted frequencies including going through all frequency offsets. I lowered the sensitivity as far as 85 put Tx on 2 and ground balanced pumping to 82 and then manual between 88 and 90. The darn thing was completely unhuntable and I had to put it in the car. I used my CTX and had no problems and found 7 deep Civil War bullets. The ATPro I brought for a friend had no issues and found a bullet and my buddies Equinox 600 had no issues and found 3 bullets. I have used this Deus in an open area and it has done fine but I wanted it for these areas with Civil War activity. Starting to think I shouldn’t have purchased it. Help please.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:41 PM
Elite Member

Power lines and electric fences have always been an issue with me and my Deus.

I have learnt to keep away from them although the higher frequency of 18kHz's (I ran V2 software) can reduce the problem by a little.

Basic 1 and 2 will not solve the problem but I have used them in the past.

Frequency offset. I have used to stop pin-pointer interference and if I am using my machine close to another Deus on the same frequency.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:15 PM
Elite Member

Can’t help but you have my sympathy. I’m not a big fan of my very chatty Deus !

Old 10-18-2020, 09:07 PM

Get the HF coils. I set mine on 54 k and it takes care of EMI including electric fences. No worries.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:35 PM

I’ve thought about that but is that frequency still a good choice for deep Civil War bullets and buttons, etc.?

Old 10-25-2020, 07:59 PM
Elite Member

Default Hmmmm

I have also found that Reactivity and Silencer settings could help with chatter.
Might want to try those also.

I find that generally speaking. The higher the Reactivity and/or Silencer the quieter it may run. Realize though that you may be reducing depth etc.

And like others. I find my HF elliptical runs pretty quiet.

So yes, can mess with frequency, sensitivity, reactivity and silencer.

I think. Lol.

Heck. Others know a lot more than me, so take these comments with a grain of salt. But these are my opinions/thoughts.

I usually run frequency around 28k I think. And reactivity between 2.5 and
3. 3 seems quieter. Leaving silencer alone. Sensitivity 90. GB manual set to 90 works for me pretty much.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Ron F.
————

P.S. I find when I run in pitch mode. Also seems a bit quieter.

XP DEUS, Tesoros: Compadre, Silver uMax, Bandido ii uMax & CSC, Vaquero, Cortes, Conquistador uMax II, Golden uMax & Mojave. Fishers: F2 w/11" coil, F70 w/11DD, F19. - PinPointers: Propointer, Xpointer, TRX, GPP AT, DEUS MI-6 - Diggers: Lesche, or Whites Digmaster

Last edited by AZWIP; 10-25-2020 at 10:13 PM.