New saltwater Machine

hunter1

Elite Member
I have been MDing since the 1980's. I have Plenty of land machines. I presently use a Tesoro Sand Shark, love the machine, but running low on o ring gaskets. Sooo, I'm thinking of replacing it. Now I'm getting myself confused. I'm looking at the Nox 600 or 800, the nokta salt water proof machine thats around $700 bucks, also there simplex, the Garrett Sea hunter , witch is like my SS. Also a Excal, but don't care for the problems associated with that machine, knobs, shaft problems. I'm open for any suggestions for other salt water machines, I hunt dry sand but mostly the surf. Help a confused old man.lol.Thanks.:detector:

With the issues of leakage here lately on the equinox if your going into the water I am not sure I would go that route myself.

I would check out other multi frequency units. I would have a cz21 by Fisher. But you may not want one of those

cz 21 has very similar performance to an excalibur and many people say are more reliable but since your already used to a pi my vote is sea hunter

I’m with Coinboy on this one. An Excalibur II. I’m not sure a used one @ $700 would be your best bet since it may need too much unless it’s in great condition.
Mostly sand hunting with occasional water use then I believe the Equinox 600 or 800 would be just fine.

Cz 21

cz 21 has very similar performance to an excalibur and many people say are more reliable but since your already used to a pi my vote is sea hunter
Hi, I thought it was a pi machine. I'll take a look at them.

Are custom o rings a possibility for the Sand Shark? Figure if it ain't broke then why fix it (or replace in this case).

Apparently the Equinox series gets about twice the depth in saltwater / wet sand as Nokta/Makro and most other VLF units but that's just what I'm told. Have yet to get to the coast for first hand experience.

if few recent swimmers a cz, excal, eq. if its primarily swimmers from long ago... a deep pi

I was looking at the CZ21 , Fisher 1280 online today. Wonder if it's worth the xtra money than the Sea Hunter mkii.

custom rings

Are custom o rings a possibility for the Sand Shark? Figure if it ain't broke then why fix it (or replace in this case).

Apparently the Equinox series gets about twice the depth in saltwater / wet sand as Nokta/Makro and most other VLF units but that's just what I'm told. Have yet to get to the coast for first hand experience.

Could be a possibility, I'll have to check around.

I have been MDing since the 1980's. I have Plenty of land machines. I presently use a Tesoro Sand Shark, love the machine, but running low on o ring gaskets. Sooo, I'm thinking of replacing it. Now I'm getting myself confused. I'm looking at the Nox 600 or 800, the nokta salt water proof machine thats around $700 bucks, also there simplex, the Garrett Sea hunter , witch is like my SS. Also a Excal, but don't care for the problems associated with that machine, knobs, shaft problems. I'm open for any suggestions for other salt water machines, I hunt dry sand but mostly the surf. Help a confused old man.lol.Thanks.:detector:

Only Dewcon has issues with the Excal or for that matter any detector he touches... :lol:

I have owned two Excals and don't issues with them...

My two hunting friends use the Nox beach hunting one has the 600 and the other the 800 and both do well... I can't speak for the other detectors you mentioned...

Only Dewcon has issues with the Excal or for that matter any detector he touches... :lol:

I have owned two Excals and don't issues with them...

My two hunting friends use the Nox beach hunting one has the 600 and the other the 800 and both do well... I can't speak for the other detectors you mentioned...

Dew you going to take that?..:lol:

Was looking at the Nokta Simplex online and videos of them saltwater dry sand and the surf. Price is great for $250, or $340 with whp's. There was somethings I liked and some I didn't. Batteries, you have to send it back to them if they go bad, Also made in Turkey, You never know how long the will make the machine or stay in business. But the price looks good. Pro's and con's aprreciated on the Simplex. I also found 3 moer gaskest for my SS I had . I will keep theSS , but thinking of another machine for the beach.If I recieve good reports on the Simplex , I can oder one this week. Thank you.

Was looking at the Nokta Simplex online and videos of them saltwater dry sand and the surf. Price is great for $250, or $340 with whp's. There was somethings I liked and some I didn't. Batteries, you have to send it back to them if they go bad, Also made in Turkey, You never know how long the will make the machine or stay in business. But the price looks good. Pro's and con's aprreciated on the Simplex. I also found 3 moer gaskest for my SS I had . I will keep theSS , but thinking of another machine for the beach.If I recieve good reports on the Simplex , I can oder one this week. Thank you.

Nokta is a reputable company, the external speaker went out on my Kruzer and they sent me a new unit and I didn't have to pay to send the old unit back which was nice. I had the Kruzer running again in less then 2 weeks they shipped it through UPS.

I went with a Nox 600. I'll see how I like it this weekend at the beach. Thats what i'll mostly use it for. Dry sand, wet and surf, no diving.

Back
Top Bottom