The mystery detector

The Lama

Elite Member
I met up again with the developer of the new detector i mentioned a couple of months ago and yes its the same one Dankowski has been talking about.I put in about 3 hours on one straight off the production line,a few things i can say first of which is its incredibly light to me it felt like a fisher f2 .The next thing i can say is he brought a ruler and we went to an area with the blackest sand you can find in our beaches ,because neither of us brought a nickel i had to buy a nickel off a homeless guy for a dollar.We then buried it at 14 inches i nailed in both 9 and 12kz i didn't bother with 6 or 18 ,we then buried a quarter at 16 inches it would only hit it in 6 kz this is crazy deep in wet black sand .The next thing i wanted was to learn a trick to id bottle caps so i went to an area of dry sand and went to work ,this detector has 3 modes all metal,disc and mixed mode my natural inclination was to go in all metal and click to disc when i hit something ,then i started watching numbers and it was easy to see bottle caps jump from negative to positive .The developer really wanted me to learn mixed mode but i was lazy from a wedding the night before,so next time i'll learn mixed mode and how to id bottle caps by sound

I met up again with the developer of the new detector i mentioned a couple of months ago and yes its the same one Dankowski has been talking about.I put in about 3 hours on one straight off the production line,a few things i can say first of which is its incredibly light to me it felt like a fisher f2 .The next thing i can say is he brought a ruler and we went to an area with the blackest sand you can find in our beaches ,because neither of us brought a nickel i had to buy a nickel off a homeless guy for a dollar.We then buried it at 14 inches i nailed in both 9 and 12kz i didn't bother with 6 or 18 ,we then buried a quarter at 16 inches it would only hit it in 6 kz this is crazy deep in wet black sand .The next thing i wanted was to learn a trick to id bottle caps so i went to an area of dry sand and went to work ,this detector has 3 modes all metal,disc and mixed mode my natural inclination was to go in all metal and click to disc when i hit something ,then i started watching numbers and it was easy to see bottle caps jump from negative to positive .The developer really wanted me to learn mixed mode but i was lazy from a wedding the night before,so next time i'll learn mixed mode and how to id bottle caps by sound

Only in Santa Cruz! ;):laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom