Merc and the old Indian...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
It got cold. I think the dirt might be frozen now...actually, I don't know, I haven't checked...but at the beach this morning the sand on the slope was frozen over. At least the feet stay warm stomping on the scoop to punch thru it:lol: was the same old Sword, same old me and the raggedy asst RTG scoop for the only hunt this week, 3 hours worth...this is what ended up in the pouch. Guts to a pocketwatch, few pieces of old beach glass and a marble, the pulltabs in lieu of gold:roll: some other scrap, $1.49 in clad, 3 wheats and a couple keepers that one of the recent storms uncovered from deep in the dry sand ...these 2 are clean for beach coins, especially the Indian...the 1941 Merc is silver #6 and the Indian is a 1864:cool:...at this point I'm looking for another storm to come stir things up again as the go-to spots from the last couple, 3 months aren't good now. Gotta find somewhere different to hunt or else hibernate for a bit...that's all I have for this outing so thanks for looking, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

Congrats Bruce on the Indian and the Merc. That 1864 Penny looks very good indeed. Land hunts are really limited here so I can imagine your dirt must be getting pretty tight also. We here are suppose to have a mini warm up the next two days So I think we are going to give it a try on Tuesday and maybe break some ground. Your off to a great start for the year,may it continue. Trapper

Bruce

Gotta give you credit bro., i did nothing but watch the playoff's in this snow, wish you 200 silver, 100 gold this year, show Craig how it's done, happy hunting, Earl

I'd like to find an IH detecting one day. Nice hunt

Nice going Bruce. The IH & Dime look awesome for being beach finds. Ground is slightly frozen in the woods as of yesterday but I think the season might be done for a bit with these temps & next weekend's storms.

Nice old stuff Captain. I have been doing this for 8 years now and have found only one Indian penny here on the left coast:?::?: Anyway....very cool finds.

Nice Bruce...

You being more north of me may have frozen your sand but mine is very much not frozen :yes:

Great hunt Captain! That injun and Merc are in great shape for beach coins. I especially like that marble showing some beach wear.

Thanks guys for the replies! Hopefully the coming storm along with the tides during the next several days will move the sand some and expose more goodies:yes:

Awesome cold hunt. I appreciate you showing the beach glass. I think those tumbled glass pieces are so cool.

Back
Top Bottom