Unknown bottle company and makers mark

Trickworm

Elite Member
Found this bottle at the Gunpowder river a couple days ago. The writing on the sides says Highland Bottling Company, Quality Our Motto, Balto, MD. The bottom of the bottle reads SJ&S. I have never heard of this mark. The bottom sides of the bottle read 236 B 4, 7 Oz fluid Rec. Has anybody heard of this mark or the highland bottling company?

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 559
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 575
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 594
tough one... Only Highland Bottling Co I've found near you is one in Mass. Looks like a generic reusable bottle. need to look into it more!

Looks like a 1920s deco soda. There is chance that mark isn't the maker but rather the innitials of the soda company. Any local sodas spring to mind ? There were ALOT of small soda company around before coke and pepsi bought them all or ran them out of buisness.

It looks like an old soda bottle. I found a bottle like the one you found, and it was a Pepsi bottle with the label still on it. I'm not saying your bottle you found is a Pepsi bottle. I think its just a soda bottle.

Great Find I found a few bottles from 1940's 1930's here in New Jersey had a friend sell a few on ebay. Should put it up and see what it fetches.

Back
Top Bottom