Remington Shell

Pete 1963

While searching our old home property dump site I found a shell cap marked Remington UMC NO. 12 Arrow. I found on line some pics of one but they said most found are all brass but some were made with steel linings. Mine definitely sticks to a magnet. Internet dates it between 1911-1919 Any value at all?

Attachments

• 100_4100.jpg
    100_4100.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 436
I would love to see the headstamp on this one. The Arrow has a great history. Yours is one of the "steel reinforced" ones. Basically, a steel washer was used in the manufacturing process. Other than the historic information that might be able to be gleaned from this find, there isn't much value to it. It would be even hard to sell as scrap because of the steel in the brass. It is still a great find though.

Doug

Here is a very early (1912) ad for the "steel lined" Arrow. This was in Cosmo magazine of all places.

picture.php

O thats awesome find i got a bunch of them with Sears Roebuck stamped in. I am searching a revolutionary War area in New Jersey and coming up with 1920's stuff I am about 250 years off. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom