Where to after AT Gold?

SayBye

I've been hunting with my at gold a few years now and would like to upgrade to a newer better machine. I'm from Chattanooga Tn and only hunt war relics. What do you guys suggest? Garrett ATX? Minelab 4500 or 5000? These are just some I've been looking at, I kinda hate to spend over 2500$ on a machine but it's not out of the question. Just wanted some more opinions. Thanks!

I've been hunting with my at gold a few years now and would like to upgrade to a newer better machine. I'm from Chattanooga Tn and only hunt war relics. What do you guys suggest? Garrett ATX? Minelab 4500 or 5000? These are just some I've been looking at, I kinda hate to spend over 2500$ on a machine but it's not out of the question. Just wanted some more opinions. Thanks!

How has the Gold been working out for you so far? What additional functionality do you have in mind? Depending on your needs and preferences, it may be worth looking into the new ATMax, seeing as you're already familiar with that type of machine and how it functions.

The Rutus Alter 71 is another machine that's starting to get good word spread around about it.

Another machine is the Detech Chaser (as well as two machines; all three have different frequencies); it's been around for awhile, but it's my understanding that it's just recently received US distribution.

After that is the Nokta Impact. It's showing to be really versatile and great at unmasking targets and separating the iron.

But of course, with the right setup, I always nothing beats a 3030. It's just matter of you wanting to put out that much money and investing the time to learn the programs.

EDIT:

I completely forgot to mention the XP Deus. I personally don't known much about its capabilities, as I've just never been interested enough in it to seek out that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If your after mainly Relics, I would get a machine made for mainly relic hunting. XP deus comes to mind first. From what I've heard and seen on this forum they are no slouch on coins either. Good luck and happy hunting!

I'm from Red Bank brother. I just had to send my AT Pro back to the factory for repair! Now using the ACE 250. Looking for a new one also. Please let us know what you get. HH.:grin:

I got to handle the xp dues a while back at the beach a guy came by with one. Felt really nice in the hand, light weight.

If I had it to do over...I'd still get the Deus.

I'm sure the ATX and of course Minelabs are awesome..I just don't feel the need to swing that weight.

I started with a at pro and moved to the deus a year ago , im a relic hunter myself. If you want to take your relic hunting to the next level buy a deus. Thats the truth point blank and the proof is in the pudding.

I believe the AT-Max will definitely be an improvement over the ATP, but do not believe it will be enough to trump the XP due to the ability to adjust and tune based on conditions/target type. I also believe that the XP will remain on top in terms of separation & ability to adjust reactivity, silencer and TX. It will be interesting to see real field results from users when it comes out.

I was in your shoes about 3 years ago with my at pro and we live in the same area kindof. I do both relic and coin hunting with more of a love for coins to I opted for the Etrac after owning the at pro and then after 2 years upgraded again to the CTX 3030.

For relics its a ton better than the etrac was and has modes that make it pretty quick. If your only interested in relic hunting then the deus would probably be the best choice out there for you, but if you want to hit the water or find some coins you could score a great deal on the CTX

just my 2c

well after much debate and research I went with the xp deus. it arrived yesterday along with my new garrett pinpointer. got to mess around with it a little yesterday afternoon, so far im liking everything about this machine.

You made a great choice. Take the time to learn it, it's an amazing machine.

Back
Top Bottom