• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

qualtop beverage bottle

bibelot

Forum Supporter
Found these tonight, most bottles were broken, found a in tact fawn soda bottle too but the label is worn, pristine fawn labeled bottle had neck snapped off,just like my luck always goes.A Charles Antell shampoo bottle,thinking of digging the outhouse or what looks like the impression in the ground near the house foundation impression.I dug three 3 mercs amonst the flowers still coming up in what was the yard.It's a Qualtop beverage bottle, Rochester,NY ? I'm thinking 40's-50's ?????
DSC04161.jpg

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

nice bottles. Great job on the mercs, too. I never found anything amongst flowers. Go ahead and dig the outhouse and show us more great finds!

Penny

It looks like a 51 , the 1 being altered over a 0 in 50 ?DSC04164.jpg

So it's 1915 0r 51 ? why 2 dots ?

Yes that looks like 1950 with mold date updated to 1951. Seen that a few times before.

The embossed Pepsi is somewhere between 1939-45. There may be (but not always depending on who made the bottle) a code on bottom like 14A43 etc. The numbers after the A are the date. That bottle probably had a paper label if there is no faint design showing.

DSC04182.jpgyou can see white/red painted label, all but gone

DSC04184.jpg 14B52

DSC04186.jpg

DSC04188.jpgLooks like a labeled bottle, twist top, was found about a half mile from pepsi bottle at another abandoned farm.

On that last bottle those stipples around the edge are indicative of the 1960s-70s type. They started stippling bottoms after 1940 but earlier ones were different.

On that Pepsi, 14B52 would indicate 1952 but by then all labels were ACL (painted on). Any hint of leftover red/white label?

On that last bottle those stipples around the edge are indicative of the 1960s-70s type. They started stippling bottoms after 1940 but earlier ones were different.

On that Pepsi, 14B52 would indicate 1952 but by then all labels were ACL (painted on). Any hint of leftover red/white label?

Barely see white with red stripe label left on it. I pulled another bottle today, Schwarzenbach, Hornell ,NY.

http://www.oldbreweries.com/breweri...3-breweries/schwarzenbach-brewing-co-ny-285a/

DSC04199.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom