Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 06-20-2020, 05:57 PM
Elite Member

Default Minelab Profind 20 pinpointer.

Hey anyone use or have used the. Profind 20? I recently got one for free thrown in with the new Equinox 600. It has no instructions so I figured, Heck it can't be much different than my Garrett Propointer and threw a battery in. Pressed the button and got two beeps. It did nothing near metal? No sounds. Tried on and off a few times and now it works. If I press and hold a few seconds it goes into a silent vibrate mode.
I guess that's it? It now works when I press the button on once I get two loud beeps and it works like the garrett. Beeps louder as you get closer to a target. So I press n hold and it vibrated. Now its in vibrate mode. When i tried to shut off it wouldn't? Hit button and held down and tried different combinations. Now it seems back to normal.
I looked on the Minelab site and they have manuals for all the other Profinds, not the 20. I'm just wondering if I'm missing a feature? Other than that it seems to be working now. In the house anyway. Im very grateful for this new PP.
Anybody know more than I bout this profind 20 ?

Old 06-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Elite Member

Here is the manual that came with my profind 20 ,,I got it with the 600 a few weeks ago and it had a manual in the box.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2020, 08:41 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
Here is the manual that came with my profind 20 ,,I got it with the 600 a few weeks ago and it had a manual in the box.
Oh man, thanks a million woodbutcher. I see now. My Profind 20 was actually a surprise as my deal was for no extras. (Thanks Bart). I must have lost the manual. I was haphazardly pulling things from the main detector box like a kid at Xmas. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:49 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
Oh man, thanks a million woodbutcher. I see now. My Profind 20 was actually a surprise as my deal was for no extras. (Thanks Bart). I must have lost the manual. I was haphazardly pulling things from the main detector box like a kid at Xmas. Thanks.