*Update* First CSA Button

Donneybrook

Elite Member
*Update* Well i just read the backmark and it was made post 1870. sorry y'all.

I went out with a forum buddy for my first hunt of 2015 and boy, it didn't disappoint. I found my first civil war button ever! According to research its a Confederate cavalry button! Too cool. Its in phenomenal shape (other than where i nailed the back with my shovel) I'll post a better photo of the back in a little bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 396
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that button is not a Confederate cavalry button. It is either a re-enactors button or something else entirely.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that button is not a Confederate cavalry button. It is either a re-enactors button or something else entirely.

yeah, i was just able to read the backmark and it was made post 1870. The company that made it (J.R.Gaunt and Sons, made in England) made some military stuff but obviously this is not confederate. bummer.

yeah, i was just able to read the backmark and it was made post 1870. The company that made it (J.R.Gaunt and Sons) made some military stuff but obviously this is not confederate. bummer.

You know, one day you probably will find a confederate button and hopefully when you do your shovel will miss it.

Keep swinging and keep hoping and I am positive you will find a lot of your dream finds.

Back
Top Bottom