.69" minies & carved lead check out the one sharps bullet guys

Yes and no buddy.I suggest you get a bullet book. Dean Thomas. He's on point about the Gettysburg campaign and all of everything else. Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
I've dug nose cast three ring bullets here in Carlisle that are REB for sure. I've dug two ring 69 cal Prussians that are Union. The two ring bullets that the Confederats had are called Gardners. There definitely reb. The first picture is all Union bullets. The second is Confederate. They are a Gardner & a Enfield bullet.

Attachments

• 14483328735760.jpg
    14483328735760.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 195
  • 14270705944091.jpg
    14270705944091.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 179
I've dug nose cast three ring bullets here in Carlisle that are REB for sure. I've dug two ring 69 cal Prussians that are Union. The two ring bullets that the Confederats had are called Gardners. There definitely reb. The first picture is all Union bullets. The second are Confederate. They are a Gardner & Enfield bullets. Both of the Confederate bullets are pulled bullets. Being they were loaded & not shot. They would then use a worm screw to extract them to clean the gun. There are so many variations of civil war bullets that both sides used. I've found Confederate bullets in spots where I know there wasn't any troops there but Union. I've found yanky bullets in reb camps. Thanks for looking & happy hunting. TIM

Really nice bunch of lead, Tim. You have definitely found a large variety of bullets in your hunts. Those explosive bullets are very rare. Find of a life time!

great job on all the lead! i've only found one 3 ringer but it was so awesome. congrats man.

Really nice bunch of lead, Tim. You have definitely found a large variety of bullets in your hunts. Those explosive bullets are very rare. Find of a life time!

Thanks buddy. I know the explosive bullets are really desired by collectors. The federal government only bought 115,000 of two caliber's during the whole war. The shops over in Gettysburg only want to give $80.00 a piece for them. I've never shopped them around for sale. I'll never sell any of them. I've dug five of them so far. I did traid one for a nice breast plate. Anyway thanks for looking buddy. Happy holidays

Top right photo - top right corner, what is the flat coneshaped item? There is one in top left photo -bottom right corner also, Thanks!

Thanks guys I try. I don't know about that carved .69" minie. He might have heated it up. Who knows. I know we find carved bullets there just about every time we dig there. I think they had bad nerves. HH

Bad Nerves? Ya think? Getting shot at with that huge lead would probably do it!! :laughing:

Great hunting and report..I get the willies everytime I see what we used to shoot at each other....in comparison, makes a 5.56 look so harmless!
Mud

I really don't know what it is. It's brass kind of cone shaped & it looks like it was broken off of something. I'll look at it when I can & post more pictures of it. Thanks for asking. It was found in a civil war position but who knows if its civil war related. It's old enough by the patina. HH

Back
Top Bottom