Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Supporter

Default Fisher F-Pulse / Teknetics Tek-Point Slow Start-Up Fix

I've been a big fan of the F-Pulse since I got it in a F75+ package. Being able to pinpoint exactly where a target is 4" down has made my park digs much easier, easier being I don't mind using the hand digger at all now in parks where previously I just considered a necessary evil.

But one thing held me back from permanently putting the Garrett Carrot away, and that was the painfully long start-up, anywhere from 3 to 4 seconds. Well, I ran across a fix on Dankowski's forum, and after running this calibration twice my F-Pulse now starts up instantly and works better than ever. I'm not sure why they don't put this in the manual, but they definitely should in the future. Here is a cut and paste for anyone else having the same issue:

ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom, being one who insists on incorporating every efficiency, I'm curious as to your thoughts on the
> 2 to 3 second delay between pressing the button to turn on the F-Pulse - and it turning on?
> My thinking is that this is due to the LED brightness adjustment program starting with the F-Pulse off.

If you quick-press the button to turn on, the LED code is bypassed, has no effect. What happens on power-up is some internal calibration stuff. It is critical during power-up that the PP is held away from metal, if you're waving it around and it sees metal (and it can see large metal from a fair distance) then this will extend the cal time.

The cal is supposed to be accelerated by a factory calibration that saves a very close starting point in memory. If you are still seeing a long power-up delay, you can re-cal your F-Tek and it should speed up. Here are the steps:

As you turn the PP on, you can continue holding the button to toggle the state of the LED. That is, if the LED is normally on and you want it off, continue holding the button on power-up and after about 1 second the LED will turn off. At the instant the LED turns off (or on), release the button and then immediately press the button 6 times in a row. The PP should beep on every button press. After the 6th press stop pressing the button and just hold the PP still, it is now doing a cal routine. This can take up to 10 seconds to complete so be patient. When it's done the PP will beep 2-3 times and the LED will start doing a weird dance. Turn it off, then turn it back on and see if it's faster to boot up.

Two things to keep in mind...

1. Keep the PP away from any metal during the cal procedure.
2. The cal procedure also executes a factory reset on all settings.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:45 AM

This tip works great.

I did it a few weeks ago and now with a quick press the F-Pulse boots a lot faster.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:12 PM
Elite Member

Default Chris

You will be amazed at the depth on a dime using the little 5 inch coil, 9-10 inches all day, enjoy the F75, Earl

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, Dual CTX3030's, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Sovereign GT, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10