Fitting ID

Xxray

Elite Member
Not often I run across a fitting that stumps me, but here they are - Bought the whole lot for $2 at a garage sale. Someone suggested doing a google image search, didn't have high hopes for that and I was right, said I had a batch of legos. Also posted at a CNC forum with alot of craftsman, no one knew.
Electrical ? Plumbing ? Beats me, someone must know what these are.

Attachments

• IMG_8276.jpg
    IMG_8276.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_8277.jpg
    IMG_8277.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 185
Pretty sure they have some specific industrial application, driving me nuts

Wild shot in the dark here. the different colors to me saying its for organizing something. Maybe something with a lot of the same looking wires like a server room or some other electrical application?

It's too organized to be kids toys, so yeah, some technicians kit. My best guess is water flow control, each color a different flow, for lawn or garden irrigation.

Here is a little more detail form anyone interested, I observe that:

* While they come in pairs, they are not male/female, does not appear that they directly mate
* They are generally the same size but the diameter of the hole varies, and have markings to reflect the diameter [I assume]
* 1 piece has a set screw
* The holes have canted veins inside, suggesting that once the wire/tube is pushed in, it will not easily come back out

Almost has to be electrical, but for what application I do not know

Attachments

• IMG_8317.jpg
    IMG_8317.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 140
If you post it to whatisthisthing on Reddit, you'll get an answer pretty quickly I bet

If that organizing tray was part of the $2 purchase, then not a wasted $2 🤓
Maybe ask the owner of the garage sale what they are?

Was a lawn estate sale, I stopped after dark and used a headlamp to see. Some decent stuff but I already have alot of my own decent stuff, I really bought this just to help them out a bit, I know how it is to want to get rid of stuff and get a few $$ ,, But yeah, the trays are nice, unlikely the lady there would have known anything about them.

Graingers are few and far between around me

Reddit, not a bad idea. They have so many quacky guidelines and requirements there that its usually my last resort, here is what I faced posting there just now and I have no idea if it was accepted or not

YOUR POST IS NOT VISIBLE YET. (It's not spam either)
expand allcollapse all

[–]from AutoModerator sent 5 minutes ago

READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE BEFORE COMMENTING. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR YOUR POST TO BE SEEN.

Your post is not spam even if Reddit's messages say it is, this is just our way of ensuring participation in a thread.

YOUR TITLE MUST BE DESCRIPTIVE

It must describe your thing. Not who found it or where (unless location is relevant), but physical aspects of the object itself.

Delete and repost if you fail to meet this requirement.

Follow our guidelines, which include searching on your own for an answer before posting here.

REMEMBER TO REPLY "Solved!" when an answer is found.

Check out the Frequently Asked Things to see if your item is there.

THERE ARE MORE APPROPRIATE SUBS FOR SOME TOPICS Post there instead of here.

/r/whatsthisbug for insect and insect nest/cocoon/etc identification
/r/whatsthisplant for plant identification
/r/AskDocs for health/medical related things
/r/AskVet for animal health/medical related things
/r/whatsthisbird for bird identification
/r/whatsthisrock for rock identification
/r/whatisthispainting for paintings, artists signatures
/r/whatsthisworth if you know what it is, and want to find out what it's worth
r/helpmefind for details about something you know what it is OR details you might find in an owner's manual for the thing
r/findareddit to help you find where to post

** DO NOT ABANDON YOUR POST. **

If you're unable to reply to comments in a timely manner, delete and wait until you're available and post again.

In order for your post to be visible to others, you must make a comment within 30 minutes giving additional details. The comment must include the text "My title describes the thing" and it must provide any additional information: size, origin, age, material, and any writing on the item. Include what searches you've done, what keywords you used, what you already found. Additional pictures can be linked in your comment. Comments which give no additional details will not be accepted. Your post: https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/yhz1n9/fittingconnector_id_electrical_wires/

Failure to follow the guidelines above may result in your post being removed and you being at least temporarily banned.

Thanks

Insane, will never post there again - Title was "Fitting/connector ID - Electrical, wires, plumbing ?" Along with the pics I posted here, not sure what description they want of something I don't know what it is, screw that place

Hi, thanks for posting with us. Unfortunately, your post was removed and your item needs to be resubmitted with a title that better describes the item. Even if there are clear pictures, good descriptions make for easier searching in the future.

Please read this entire message
We realize you may not know all of these, but include things like this in the title:

Size

Weight

Color

What it's made of

If anything is written on it

If anything moves

If it appears to be electronic, needs batteries, lights up

If it makes a noise

You may include where it was found, if it's relevant. "Found six inches underground on a farm in Kansas" may be relevant. "Found in my friend's new flat" is probably not relevant.
Do not include things like this in the title:

Who used to own it

Speculation on what it is

A question like "what is this" or statement like "I don't know what this is." That is always assumed.

Family member mentions (this is to avoid public disclosure of family activities/history people may not want public)

Reddit will be able to identify it, but you need to follow the rules to a T or your post will get removed (as you have seen). The rules are not that hard to follow if you read them however. Let me know if you want me to try posting it for you. I have made lots of posts on whatisthisthing before.

Reddit will be able to identify it, but you need to follow the rules to a T or your post will get removed (as you have seen). The rules are not that hard to follow if you read them however. Let me know if you want me to try posting it for you. I have made lots of posts on whatisthisthing before.

Post if you'd like, I'm not jumping through hoops for those idiots.
Main problem in my attempt [I think] was you have to have 30 letters in the title to post, so I don't know what you'd come up with to satisfy that requirement, but I drew a blank and said plumbing ? electrical? just to satisfy the 30 letter requirement, so it was rejected as another requirement is no speculation

Back
Top Bottom