Deus coil question

kweis

Elite Member
Just became owner of a new XP Deus version 5.2. Also bought one of the HF coils for it. Read through the owners manual and watch a lot a Gary's videos on it and think I've got it but just want some confirmation this is right. If I install a new HF coil while the remote control is on it will automatically accept the new coil and will become #2 coil in the menu? Unless your just using the backphones then it needs to have the serial number put into them as well?:?:

I am kind of dense (actually very!!!). I think you are asking if your Deus remote will automatically accept a new HF coil. My answer is no. You still have to put the new coil's serial number into the Configuration section of the menu. If you also have the WS4 module and back phones/headset, the main remote will automatically install the new serial number into the WS4 module the first time you use the new coil after setting the new coil up in the remote controller. Deus/ORX coils are the detector and brains of the Deus/ORX. The remote controller is just that......a remote control for the coils.

Jeff

Jeff, okay that makes sense. The manual seemed a little vague on this. My manual just says about entering the serial number in the headphones if your not using the remote. In other words using the headphones only and not the remote:roll:

Found the section for coils for the remote. The have a separate section for coils using just the headphones. Get it now.

You pick a new slot for your new coil. When you do that it will choose that coil when you select the coil in the remote you want to use. When you turn on your headphones the coil that is chosen will automatically be configured in your headphones. When you want to use just the headphones without the remote....the last coil you used with your remote will be the one your headphones selects automatically.

Back
Top Bottom