Bust Yesterday on South Beach

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I decided to head back out for an afternoon low tide hunt to make up for Friday’s failed hunt there. The winds had changed to offshore and the surf was nice and calm. After charging the Sand Shark’s batteries on Saturday, I determined that there’s an issue with it that’s not related to the batteries so the detector will be going in for repairs. :roll: No matter, that’s why there’s other detectors! :yes: After getting through some crazy traffic I was out hunting by 2pm. I found there to be a lack of targets and I tried it all - near shore, off shore, sandbars and some troughs. The targets just weren’t there for a 4 hour hunt for a beach that has been having great weather and huge crowds. I met up with Bling Digger’s husband and we chatted and he told me that he noticed the lack of targets as well and that he had spoken to a couple of other:pirates: that said the same thing. I really think the recent change of wind direction is what caused the sanding in and lack of targets. The 2 knock off sunglasses are at least in very good shape and the ’53 Wheatie came in a trough that I worked with some difficulty because it was deep. The amount of people and the scenery was just crazy but even though I wasn’t lucky it was great to be out! My Spring Break starts Friday...:D

Attachments

• 3-18-18.jpg
    3-18-18.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 169
Back
Top Bottom