Ground balance on the NOX

cobb05

After seeing a ton of excellent info on the nox from many of you guys, I was wondering what your takes were on messing with the ground balance. I noticed the manual suggest to leave the GB at 0 but I dont think I like the idea of not doing a GB. Seems that would cause jumpy readings on the display and throw off the depth meter. What are you guys doing for the GB and what are your thoughts?

After reviewing vids done by folks, and my own use experiences. Just follow procedures in manual and do auto GB procedure.
This is what I do, and I am liking how Nox is performing.

Folks with real mild ground like Calabash can run default GB and get away with it.

I'd like to hear others chime in on this as well. Not really sure why Minlab says to keep 0. GB is a fundamental practice for getting better results. Hopefully some of the other Nox guys can chime in. I'm going to GB until proven otherwise.

BCD

What I read in manual suggested auto ground tracking was best for most scenarios. That is what I use. I have tried the manual ground balance and did not see an improvement in depth or the way it ran in test garden or park. That's the way my Etrac always ran from what I understand and that worked great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Following... All my FBS machines seem to run optimally with auto GB, well the CTX I can tweak +1 but anything more than that falses in the black sand at the (ocean) beach by me.

I'd like to hear others chime in on this as well. Not really sure why Minlab says to keep 0. GB is a fundamental practice for getting better results. Hopefully some of the other Nox guys can chime in. I'm going to GB until proven otherwise.

BCD

I tend to agree with detectorben on this for now. I have been hunting an old golf course and the ground changes from sand to sandy loam to clay and road base very quickly. I used the tracking GB today and had good results. I believe minelab may be using the firmware from the FBS machines for this feature. Time will only tell from the experts on this site. Keep trying different setting on the GB maybe we will figure it out!
HH!

Back
Top Bottom