• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Volcanic lake double 750 gold

71DHB

Elite Member
Hi friends! I did something today that I wouldn't have done under different circumstances. That is, metal detecting in August with my waders and long gloves.:saywhat: With 35 degrees celcius outside and the cicadas (balm crickets) in their full glory you would have expected shorts or wetsuit. Let me explain...since returning from the Ionian sea last week I am still recovering from 2 wounds on each leg caused by wearing my wetsuit shoes for hours with no wetsuit. I was almost healed the other day when I decided to go to the Adriatic sea and do some detecting and this reopened the wounds.:impatient: That day I entered the water noticing 4 other hunters but found 15euro. This volcanic lake I went to today is my baby when it comes to places that arent detected at all and where I go when during the winter months when the seas are rough and have nowhere to go. I had been here on my first outing this year and scored 2 golds as well in February. The reason me wearing the waders today is because of the wounds that really need to heal and also because in the past this lake has given me severe rashes that I had for several days. Ive done some research on this lake and the mayor of the town every year has to prohibit swimming and then allow swimming to take place again. Ive read that there are a sort of red algae and a parasite or animal that lives on birds that is in the water. Now I didnt want to relive that experience again even if I see people swimming here without any problem. Today was a really quick 2 and a half hour hunt that produced 2 gold rings, a steel one around 15euro in change and a bullet!:shock: I only did one side of the lake and not even half of it. The rest of what you see in the pics is money and steel rings from the last hunt. This could be one of my last hunts here for the season as I think in the coming weeks I am going back to Canada to visit my parents. Enjoy the pics GL to and thanks for looking. Yes:yes:...that is my wader and long gloves drying out in August and Yes:yes:...those are my legs healing. Ciao A presto!;)

Attachments

• DSCN3753.JPG
    DSCN3753.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 486
  • DSCN3759.JPG
    DSCN3759.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN3762.JPG
    DSCN3762.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 474
  • DSCN3766.JPG
    DSCN3766.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 473
  • DSCN3769.JPG
    DSCN3769.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 494
Don't know if I should congratulate you or knock some sense into you. Nice finds . Hope you live to enjoy them!

:dingding: Congrats on the double buddy! I am also very glad to see that I'm not the only one posting pictures of physical trauma on here!! :lol:

Congrads on the two nice 750s

Love the gold and I to will wear waders or even a drysuit to protect my body from the water and it's bacteria. I wore a light drysuit up until late june. Once in the water you really don't feel the heat.

Nice score on the Double 18k..Congrats!
>Health b4 treasure, Rest and heal up:yes:
As a kid, we went swimming in the Gulf of Mexico with cuts and scrapes , as it helped in the healing. But, that was 50 years ago. Now, with lawn, road and other pollutants draining into the bays and Gulf, it's not advisable. We also have a seldom but sometimes reported, " Flesh eating Bacteria", that can attack open wounds resulting in amputation or death.....Don't tell the tourist,welcome to Paradise!!
DL

:dingding: Congrats on the double buddy! I am also very glad to see that I'm not the only one posting pictures of physical trauma on here!! :lol:

Thanks Felix! Sometimes, I'm sure you know that you get caught up in all the signals in the water and you don't think about other stuff.

Love the gold and I to will wear waders or even a drysuit to protect my body from the water and it's bacteria. I wore a light drysuit up until late june. Once in the water you really don't feel the heat.
Thank you OBN! We do what we can right?:yes:

You are a determined man. Great gold finds and good hunting.
Thank you DD! During the entire year and especially in winter (Rough seas etc.) it's not always possible so when it's time to go detecting that's what should be done I think.

Back
Top Bottom