• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Z-Lynk trouble!!

Planedoc

Was showing off my AT Pro and new XP Deus to a friend today. He's interested in getting a detector as we're both retired from Boeing and enjoying it! Went to show him how the Z-Lynk worked but the transmitter wouldn't turn on! I had used it just yesterday without a problem. Got home with it and immediatly plugged it in to charge it. When I went to turn it on, NOTHING!! The charge light was on when I unplugged it but it wouldn't turn on after plugging it into the detector! It's worked flawlessly since I purchased it late February. After messing with it for over an hour I called Garrett. They are sending a new transmitter my way and I'm to send the old one back. I'd like to know what the autopsy reveals!

Anyone had problems with theirs??

I have the same issue, within a month i went through 2 transmitters using a garrett ace 400. The system doesnt get wet .The issue happens when i try to recharge units for full charge for the next day. Receiver unit still works but not the transmitter. Cost too much to keep buying transmitters

I received a new transmitter from Garrett in 2 days. They're just south of me on -35. When I received the new unit I immediately charged it. When I turned on both units they wouldn't pair up. I called Garrett and they told me to make sure both units were turned on then quickly double click both units at the same time. This is how they're-paired up at the factory.

Hope this helps!

My transmitter just died too, no power but still lights up like it's charging. I'll be heading up to Garrett next week for replacement, seems to be a common issue on the transmitter side.

Won a set end of July at a hunt. Seemed to take longer to charge than was supposed to, but went to use them the next week and both were dead. Recharging again, the receiver didn't hold a charge when powered off more than a couple days.

Replacement from Garrett due in today.

I took mine up to Garrett today and they fixed it. Waited like 10 minutes and gave me back the same one, so I guess they soldered a loose wire or something. Works like new again. Never had a problem with them not holding a charge though. There has been several issues with the z lynk though, but I'm sure Garrett will keep making it right for their customers.

Last edited:
Hopefully there are no transmitter issues in all of the new AT Max's going out.

I bet they will be fine. They're internal so they run off the whole battery pack. Seems most of the issues come from repeatedly having to plug them up to recharge like the wiring gets joggled or something if not the internal rechargable battery being faulty. AT Max won't have those.

Was showing off my AT Pro and new XP Deus to a friend today. He's interested in getting a detector as we're both retired from Boeing and enjoying it! Went to show him how the Z-Lynk worked but the transmitter wouldn't turn on! I had used it just yesterday without a problem. Got home with it and immediatly plugged it in to charge it. When I went to turn it on, NOTHING!! The charge light was on when I unplugged it but it wouldn't turn on after plugging it into the detector! It's worked flawlessly since I purchased it late February. After messing with it for over an hour I called Garrett. They are sending a new transmitter my way and I'm to send the old one back. I'd like to know what the autopsy reveals!

Anyone had problems with theirs??

Mine is doing this now, too. Sending it back this week with an RMA I have to ask for tomorrow. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom