First hunt with my new Patriot!

Efreedma

This is also my first hunt period, so I was super excited when I came home and my new Patriot was on the front porch. I just detected in my yard, but I still had a blast. The kids had fun digging in the dirt too. I barely made is through half my yard, then it got dark.... Not enough hours in the day! I did find an interesting 1979 10 cent coin from bermuda? Not sure how that ended up in my back yard, it was about 6" down too.

Here's my finds on the first night out.
563f77b81fabf21db261f8370d53d0e4.jpg
1f084c54b8ea84d6e5411aab5720672f.jpg
a92ca09be7aca3fbd57ddcce1a21cb99.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Congrats!

My first hunt is whenever the Max comes out, so I can relate to the anticipation. Is that dime in the middle silver? Looks really clean compared to the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats!

My first hunt is whenever the Max comes out, so I can relate to the anticipation. Is that dime in the middle silver? Looks really clean compared to the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No it's just a clad dime. No silver today, but there is always tomorrow!

Hey, that was a great first hunt, silver or not, congrats !!!!

(some of us had first hunts that consisted of just pull-tabs and other trash like wire, ect. :lol: .....so you did great !)

I have read pretty much every post by Digger27 about the F70/Patriot lol. I was ready to hit the ground running today!

I have read pretty much every post by Digger27 about the F70/Patriot lol. I was ready to hit the ground running today!

You did well...very well!
When I started it took at least two weeks and several hunts and hours before I found my first ever coins, it was 59¢ in a tot lot.

Have fun...not that you have a choice about that. :D

My success the first time out was possible due to your multitude of informative posts! Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience here and on other forums. Now I just need a proper digging implement! I think I am going to go with the Mini Sampson 18". I am using one of kids shovels right now lol.

Congrats on your new machine. What's your favorite feature of it?
I love how quiet this thing can be while still getting great depth. It is also super comfortable to swing. Settings wise, there is so much you can do with this thing. I was tweaking the settings as I was going and it was very simple. Very intuitive user interface.

Wow...it looks like you cleaned the yard very well. Congrats on all your great first finds!
That was only from the back yard so far. Can't wait to see what's in the front.

Great first hunt...I bet you had a hard time sleeping that first night!
Yeah the wife made me go in at 1am lol. I would have stayed out there all night. Hit the side yard next to the road this morning. Found another 15-20 coins and an old lead sinker.

Excellent first hunt!

I'm new but have around 40 hours in and have never found that many coins in one go.

Well done!

Got through half the side yard this morning. Found some trash, 2 rings (Not sure what they are yet), another 20ish clad and 2 wheaties.

Back
Top Bottom