Finally my first gold ring dig...and an unusual one at that

Maddog0963

I've been hunting with Garrett AT Pro for about 5 months now and it's been a blast. I had gotten to wondering though why I hadn't been hitting any gold. I had found a 14k hoop earring but it was a surface find, I hadn't even made it to swinging the detector over it. I got to looking at a few videos on YouTube and looking at the VDI numbers on this forum and viola, I hadn't been digging those low numbers.....thought it was all foil.So the next day I'm off to hunt the areas I had already hunted in search of GOLD! But no luck, just a BUNCH of foil, pull tabs and ripped up cans,:mad: I did find a few more coins I had stepped over. So I grab a bunch of the wife's and my jewelry run out in the back yard with a couple of pieces of the foil I had dug, find a halfway clean spot, throw all the jewelry out and boy was I surprised! 2 of the necklaces I had thrown down (and one was a heavy 14k box chain) didn't hardly hit at all, especially the lighter weight one....it rang up about 28 at the most :?: (video to come). I learned yesterday, although it's preached mostly all over the web, dig, dig, dig, dig everything.:detector: (I say mostly because I saw a YouTube vid the other day the guy was eliminating his 40's and 50's on his AT Pro and was talking about looking for gold....not watching any more of his vids) So yesterday I'm re-hunting a baseball field discrimination at 20 sensitivity on full nothing eliminated, about 3 hours in and after digging about 100 targets of junk, I hit Gold!:clapping::excited: She is apparently an infants ring, never seen one this small. It rang up as a solid 44 and was down about 2 inches, and apparently, according to my diamond tester the stone is real, I think it's a ruby, (the ring is hollow behind the stone, normally indicating a real stone). So I learned 3 things this week, I've had my discrimination too high (I was running 30), DIG those lower numbers, and quit walking so fast. Oh and wear those headphones....listen for those faint hits, it may be a necklace!

Attachments

• IMG_20170817_162304982.jpg
    IMG_20170817_162304982.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20170818_070859371.jpg
    IMG_20170818_070859371.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20170818_070947396.jpg
    IMG_20170818_070947396.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 222
Very neat fine. FYI, may not be an infant ring but just a girl with VERY small fingers. My cousin is so thin her fingers are like pencils. Her wedding ring would fit on my pinky. As for the rest, yea, I'm finding more and more that they good stuff is in the trash zone.

I found a huge, but fake diamond earring yesterday in a volleyball court. Had it been in grass I probably would have gone right past it. Knowing that this court is clean, I dig every signal. This particular signal was faint and trashy.

BCD

Yeah as you can see on the one picture it just barely fits the cap of a fine line Sharpie but I think your right it could be a small fingered pre-teen and as you said this just sits on the end of my pinky. Just find it amazing that someone would give a ring of this calibre to a child but like my wife just said it could be her birthstone. It does get discouraging hunting a field you've already hunted but now I have gold fever!

Congratulations on such a beautiful ring I sure do like that pretty red stone.

Congrats on the gold! Neat one too!

What area of the ball field? Old or newer? I ask only because I've had not much luck at all at ball fields! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom