new series on Lost treasure of World War II

Neat, I wonder how many forum members are packing their detectors and buying their plane tickets ? :lol:

(just being funny, but it would be interesting if a forum member did go there)

Special on Japanese treasure hid in the Philippines

Neat, I wonder how many forum members are packing their detectors and buying their plane tickets ? :lol:

(just being funny, but it would be interesting if a forum member did go there)

Will be interesting to see how the History channel covers it.

I will be watching, on the off chance the treasure is buried in Wisconsin. Lol

I will be watching, on the off chance the treasure is buried in Wisconsin. Lol

Let me know what you think of it, I have read lots of articles by lots of people on it. Some people think the USA Government secretly recovered much of it. Some think Marcos family got a lot of it, some think it is still hid.

Let me know what you think of it, I have read lots of articles by lots of people on it. Some people think the USA Government secretly recovered much of it. Some think Marcos family got a lot of it, some think it is still hid.

Probably the wrong guy to ask. I generally am a treasure story skeptic. While I believe many tales are very very loosely based on some tiny piece of truth. The odds are very minute these will be proven.

But I love a good story!

Japanese treasure hid in Philippines

I have yet to find any thing of value in the Philippines ,I have had a detector with me the last few trips . The best I have found was a few more modern clad coins. With so much history in the islands there has to be a lot of good coins and relics waiting to be discovered there yet. With almost 400 years of Spanish rule , American rule , Japanese occupation , American rule then Philippines indepent rule . I hada thread going on this a couple of years back http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=249416 I also did one on the USA mint that was operated in Manilla Philippines the only American mint out side the states they used a M mint mark , http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254152

I been living their during winter months for the last 18 years. Not many people talk about the buried treasure from the war. They say Mar code has found most of it and is hiding it. Thare are all kind of stories over their... KEN.

Treasure in the Philippines

I been living their during winter months for the last 18 years. Not many people talk about the buried treasure from the war. They say Mar code has found most of it and is hiding it. Thare are all kind of stories over their... KEN.

I still have hope of finding something cool over there one of these trips , don't matter if it be a old coin or War relic , there still has to be lots of cool things there waiting to be found once you get through all the trash.

Ha; I guess I better stay out of there. With my luck I would stick my shovel in the ground and break one of those cyanide bottles. Has anyone ever smelled that stuff and lived to tell what it smells like?

Back
Top Bottom