• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Scoop Handle question

NHhunter

I have Dune Kraken 11" x 8" Stainless Steel scoop. I've been struggling to get an adequate handle for this. I tried a wood shovel handle and fiberglass (post hold digger handle from the Depot) but they just don't hold up.

I would need something about 30mm to fit. Should I look to carbon fiber? If so, what do I need to look at with them...is there any certain style thats better. I want something that will hold up digging in the hevay wet sand.

Thanks in advance for any help

I have Dune Kraken 11" x 8" Stainless Steel scoop. I've been struggling to get an adequate handle for this. I tried a wood shovel handle and fiberglass (post hold digger handle from the Depot) but they just don't hold up.

I would need something about 30mm to fit. Should I look to carbon fiber? If so, what do I need to look at with them...is there any certain style thats better. I want something that will hold up digging in the hevay wet sand.

I have a SS scoop that I got off Amazon. I went to Lowe's and got a section of Galvanised Structural pipe for a handle and got some bicycle grips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a SS scoop that I got off Amazon. I went to Lowe's and got a section of Galvanised Structural pipe for a handle and got some bicycle grips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Snap!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• handy.jpg
    handy.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 279

In what way to the handles mentioned fail and in what sort of time span?

I ask because I have bought a similar scoop myself and was going to fit a 31mm ash handle...

So I've had issues with them basically just rotting out. They just couldn't handle the repeated salt water I guess. Even the fiberglass one showed some serious signs of rot/discoloration from the water.

I had to shim the handle to get it to fit in the 1.375 inch hole in my scoop but I have used the heck out of it and I don't baby the handle. so far it has worked well for almost five years.

The handle is for a post hole digger.

719973 Seymour Mfg Co SP21098 48, Fiberglass Replacement Handle,

Back
Top Bottom