Do people every find these treasures?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Here is a post on a MD group on Facebook.

It got me to wondering, there are lots and lots of legends and stories of lost buried treasures. Have many of them been found? Talking about land buried treasures not shipwrecks.

Have any of you guys researched/hunted any of these legends?

There are several legends of buried confederate gold around Atlanta, but never heard of anyone finding it. But then of course if I found such treasure, would I report it? I doubt it.

Here was the post on that MD facebook post.

Was up doing a little treasure hunting looking for the missing $225,000 in gold coins and found some old cartridges possilby used in the shootout at the stage station. If interested I will give you directions to get there at: https://www.desertroamerpress.com/adventure_blog

I’ve researched and chased a few. The first step is weeding out the BS stories from real leads. Many a tall tale has been told in order to sell books and magazines. The last good one that I ran down took a couple years to sort out, only to get there and find whatever was hidden is now gone. If it’s old it’s likely been hunted before. Or how about doing all that work only to realize the most likely cache location was a fake grave in an old family plot? I just walked away at that point, lol… Definitely spend the time researching though, just be ready for dead ends and facts that don’t add up!

Back
Top Bottom