Most productive first minute

ZAP! One and done!
I had gotten a 10” Slimline coil for the Explorer a few years back and put it on to try it out. I walked into a section of old park and was swinging for less than a minute when I got a quarter signal. At 5” deep was my first Seated quarter in perfect shape. I turned the machine off and went home, I had planned on hunting for a couple hours but after that I couldn’t. Never used the coil again, sold it to a friend. I shouldn’t have, I actually really liked the swing of that coil. He uses it quite often actually...

That is a nice piece of silver.

I can't top that, however I've had a couple of hunts where the find of the day was the first target/hole. I found my oldest coin, an 1886 IHP as the first target of a hunt and just yesterday I was out clad hunting and the first target was a nice little 925 silver ring.

Can't complain about that. I am still waiting for my first IHP.

ZAP! One and done!
I had gotten a 10” Slimline coil for the Explorer a few years back and put it on to try it out. I walked into a section of old park and was swinging for less than a minute when I got a quarter signal. At 5” deep was my first Seated quarter in perfect shape. I turned the machine off and went home, I had planned on hunting for a couple hours but after that I couldn’t. Never used the coil again, sold it to a friend. I shouldn’t have, I actually really liked the swing of that coil. He uses it quite often actually...[/QUO

That's a pretty good one in the first hole. Btw. I have a 1050 slimline if you are interested.

I my 1000s upon 1000s of beach hunts over the years , I have had maybe 30 where I drop the coil down and find a piece of gold jewelry right off the bat. This has kinda been a bad sign for me. Yeah , I got gold and I'm all jacked up , but then it's been all downhill the rest of the hunt except for just a few times.

Metal detecting is a bit like gambling isn't it? Quit while you're ahead.:laughing:

I had just recently posted this from last weekend, but this qualifies for your early/fast/first targets. I had just turned on the detector and started walking across the field when I pulled this 13.5 gram piece of 10K gold.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=281601

Oh yeah. I had read your post earlier. Very lucky to stumble across that! Sometimes I will walk to a spot with the coil not swinging and check any good signals a run across.

Back
Top Bottom