More old custom car goodness

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Man I miss the days these cars were built. These cars were generated in the minds of true artists, not in some computer software.

Ed Roth's Mysterion is gone, but one superfan built his own and it's up for auction

Mysterion’s asymmetrical styling included an oblong grille and odd-shaped nosepiece, with one large, pod-mounted headlight on the left and a smaller conventional light on the right. Its hydraulically operated bubble top has a small windshield up front. The recreation also has shag carpet interior and a television, and the car is painted gold Murano candy over white pearl.

All of Jones’ findings are revealed in his book, "Ed Roth’s Mysterion: The Genesis, Demise, and Recreation of an Iconic Custom Car". He concluded that Roth wasn’t a custom car guy in quite the same fashion of his contemporaries but instead was “an artist who used the automobile as his medium.”

Included with the RM Sotheby’s Mysterion recreation are a custom trailer and production molds—just in case you want to make more and have a garage full of these wacky things. Dave Shuten of California custom build shop Galpin Auto Sports actually did that already—his recreation was included in an Ed Roth tribute at the 2018 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ed-rot...superfan-built-his-own-and-its-up-for-auction

my4.jpg

my1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom