New Guy from SE Kansas

DaveVanP

Just joined, thought I'd check in. I did some prospecting and relic hunting with a Whites BFO-type MD as a kid in N. Calif. in the early 70's. Poked around some mining/ghost towns, did some panning on the American and Feather Rivers...

Then I moved to Coffeyville, Kansas when I was 15. Joined the Marines, got married, had kids, had grandkids...yeah life got in the way.

Things slowed down. I picked up a Bounty Hunter TimeRanger a couple years ago, but really didn't persue it much. My grandson saw it in the garage recently, and asked if he could "play with it". Put in some fresh batteries, and he the proceeded to find several coins and Matchbox cars in the yard. So...I recruited a new THer, and of course if I plan to hand off my legacy detector, I needed a new one, so....last week I got a STEAL on a new Fisher F44, an unopened Amazon order that was returned....for $150. It is a sweet machine. We have many trips planned together, both coin shooting in parks, and relic hunting in "old town" Coffeyville. Hope to share our finds on here.

Welcome DaveVanP... You should do really well if you spend the time. There are a lot of mid to late 19th century sites in that part of the country. I grew up in Pittsburg and roamed all that country, roadhouse to roadhouse, before I left for the west after college.(Wasn't any work except the munitions plant in Parsons back then) Be sure to post what you find. There are a lot of good people on this site who would enjoy seeing your success. Happy Hunting and Good Luck

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.
We are almost neighbors, I live in Baxter Springs, Ks.

Hi Neighbor. Well almost neighbor, I'm between Chanute and Parsons. I've done a little hunting at the fairgrounds in Coffeyville but they appear to be picked over pretty good. Hopefully you find some that others have missed.

Back
Top Bottom