• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

When is it time for a new digger?

moseng

It's around 9 years old and has dug me about a million holes through rocks and roots so I think I'll retire it to the wife's garden tools and get a new digger. Thinking about trying a Quest Diamond Digger this time for a change. Anybody use one?

Attachments

• Iold lesche2.jpg
    Iold lesche2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 348
She's lasted for 9 years and a million holes? Why change now? Sounds like you've already got a winner!

She's lasted for 9 years and a million holes? Why change now? Sounds like you've already got a winner!

Well, maybe not a MILLION holes, although it does feel like it! I have to admit it's done the job. They are great diggers. Was just thinking of giving one of the other guys a chance for the next million holes! :grin:

Dang, getting a little bit short there...

That thing has earned a nice posh retirement with the Mrs. and some loamy soil in the flower garden..

<°)))>{

I have both the Diamond digger and the White's dig master, They are both very sharp and go through roots well, The Digmaster has a more comfortable grip though so I typically use that one. They are both very good diggers, can't go wrong either way.

For what's it worth, I'd go with White's Digmaster. Slices through roots with no problem and has a very comfortable grip as stated.

After my car was broken into, they didn't get my digger but they did get a set of headphones. I have had my digger for over thirty years and never have had any trouble with it but I got to thinking I'd hate to lose it. I decided to retire it and get a new one. The new one is about the same as mine old one but when I put them side by side i saw how much my old one had worn from digging and sharpening all of these years. I hope my new one preforms as well as my old one did.
Diggers2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom