Another first in the Cornfield

stetam

Elite Member
Back to where I found the 1/2 Reale and KG II a couple days ago and the field gave up another first for me. A toasty 1826 classic head 1/2 cent that was only 4" deep. Didn't have my glasses so PartyofOne ID'd it for me as he does so often. Also dug some clad, a few buckles, pocket watch and a garter clasp maybe?

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3463.jpg
    IMG_3463.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_3461.jpg
    IMG_3461.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Nice, congrats on the half cent! You're on a good site, hope it keeps producing for a long time to come.

(No pics for me please :p)

Nice, congrats on a good hunt. The half cent has been on my bucket list for over twenty years and still yet to swing over one. Maybe some day.

Nice, congrats on a good hunt. The half cent has been on my bucket list for over twenty years and still yet to swing over one. Maybe some day.

That's the beauty of this hobby. You just never know what your going to dig.

Steve

Very nice recovery Steve. A Half Cent is still in a wishing well for me. That site has been really generous for you, I can only imagine what else is hidden there. Trapper

Great work there Steve! I've never found an odd denomination. Probably not many of them hiding out here in Iowa. Living in the middle of a State made up of cornfields, just wondering why so many people are losing their garter clips in them:shock:

Back
Top Bottom