Poor dog...sick to my stomach

goldendreams

Elite Member
I know a guy , who is drunk everyday ..not a friend but amongst people I know...well he has the sweetest dog ..she has a bad infection in her ear ..it is so ugly I wish I had the extra money to get her to the vet ..
This guy doesn't give two .... about the dog ..he keeps saying he doesn't have the money , yet hes DRUNK every single day ... in all honesty he is a complete loser and should never have a dog...the dogs nails are so long they are currling . Her ear looks like it's gonna explode and is in terrible pain... If had the money I would go pick the dog up and bring it to the vet ..I even think she'd be better off at the humane society ...

I was made aware of how bad it has gotten in the last hour , and it's making me sick to my stomach...

I've known the dog for yrs now , it just bothers me so bad ...
Don't ask me why I'm posting this... I'm just venting cuz it's bothering me really bad ...cuz I know how sweet the dog is ..
Does anyone know of any rescues that I could get the dog too in conn?

I don't even care about the drunk ..I would go get the dog and bring it to a rescue ... this has been goin on for weeks and weeks but now it's getting so bad ...

Uuuuuuuugh

I know a guy , who is drunk everyday ..not a friend but amongst people I know...well he has the sweetest dog ..she has a bad infection in her ear ..it is so ugly I wish I had the extra money to get her to the vet ..
This guy doesn't give two .... about the dog ..he keeps saying he doesn't have the money , yet hes DRUNK every single day ... in all honesty he is a complete loser and should never have a dog...the dogs nails are so long they are currling . Her ear looks like it's gonna explode and is in terrible pain... If had the money I would go pick the dog up and bring it to the vet ..I even think she'd be better off at the humane society ...

I was made aware of how bad it has gotten in the last hour , and it's making me sick to my stomach...

I've known the dog for yrs now , it just bothers me so bad ...
Don't ask me why I'm posting this... I'm just venting cuz it's bothering me really bad ...cuz I know how sweet the dog is ..
Does anyone know of any rescues that I could get the dog too in conn?

I don't even care about the drunk ..I would go get the dog and bring it to a rescue ... this has been goin on for weeks and weeks but now it's getting so bad ...

Uuuuuuuugh

That is so sad, we have a heart for animals too and it really hurts to see pets not cared for properly.

First, here is a web site to help you with info about ear infections in dogs:

https://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/how-treat-and-prevent-dog-ear-infections

Also I did an online search and found some web sites and hopefully one of them can help you help that poor dog get help soon:

https://www.pawsct.org/financial-aid

https://starelief.org/aid-a-pet-grant-application/

https://resources.bestfriends.org/article/financial-aid-pets

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/help-available-for-struggling-ct-pet-owners-during-the-pandemic/2387605/

https://lowincomerelief.com/looking-for-free-or-low-cost-veterinary-care/

Please post an update to let us know that poor dog is getting help, thanks !

......and thank YOU for caring ! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a case of animal cruelty, I would get in touch with the humane society. Being a drunk is no excuse, hopefully you can get this dog the help it needs and deserves. Please keep us posted!
https://cthumane.org/about-chs/report-animal-cruelty/

Cruelty, abuse, or animal neglect, but I would use animal neglect. They act faster with that for some reason, maybe the least paperwork involved. About you not having money to take her to a vet yourself...animal vets do offer payment plans. That dog needs somebody to step up to the plate.

Cruelty, abuse, or animal neglect, but I would use animal neglect. They act faster with that for some reason, maybe the least paperwork involved. About you not having money to take her to a vet yourself...
animal vets do offer payment plans. That dog needs somebody to step up to the plate.

Good idea, and I think the vet payment plan "might" be interest free.

Reminded me of this as another possible option: (IF that vet for some reason doesn't happen to offer a payment plan)

https://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

Interest free is possible if:

"For Deferred Interest/No Interest if Paid in Full promotional financing options, no interest will be charged on your promotional balance if you pay your balance in full by the promotional due date....." (I "think" each payment must also be on time too)

Luckily it doesn't have to cost money to save a animals life. Make the right phone call and the dog will be taken free of charge. Well except the owner, he will likely be charged big time, both with fines and criminal charges.

Connecticut

Conn Statute Section 53-247
Animal Cruelty is defined as: “Overdrives, overworks, tortures, deprives of necessary sustenance, mutilates or cruelly beats or kills or
unjustifiably injures any animal, or who, having impounded or confined any animal, fails to give such animal proper care or neglects to
cage or restrain any such animal from doing injury to itself or to another animal or fails to supply any such animal with wholesome air,
food and water, or unjustifiably administers any poisonous or noxious drug or substance to any domestic animal or, having charge or
custody of any animal, inflicts cruelty upon it or fails to provide it with proper food, drink or protection from the weather or abandons it
or carries it or causes it to be carried in a cruel manner, or fights with or baits, harasses or worries any animal for the purpose of making
it perform for amusement, diversion or exhibition.” Cruelty to animals can be prosecuted as either a misdemeanor or felony with a
fine up to $1000 and/or imprisonment up to 1 year. Intentionally and maliciously torturing or injuring an animal can be prosecuted as
either a misdemeanor or felony with a fine up to $5000 and/or imprisonment up to 5 years. Additional sentencing provisions include
counseling and participation in animal cruelty prevention and education programs as conditions of probation. Exemptions are made
for farming, hunting, research and veterinary care.

No animal, and I mean NO animal should be exposed to any abuse whatsoever. Any time I see or hear of abuse to animals no matter what they are, it makes me crazy. For those of you who are the guardian of a small creature, walk into the room or place they are and observe the look on their face and the love in their eyes as they look up at this huge "thing" they share a warm house with namely, YOU. This poor dog needs help right now. No delays, just get it help, and have it removed from that very toxic environment before it's too late. Sorry for my rant.

If I couldn't find local authorities to help I would almost be inclined to take the dog myself. It sounds like the owner cares more about his bottle anyway and maybe won't even care if you took it. It might even be as easy as asking him if you could have the dog. I dare say stealing the dog might be an option if left with no other choice and its life needs to be saved but that would definitely be a last resort.

I was up at a neighbors across the creek from me and he has two dogs penned up, one of them used to come over to me all the time when he was loose and I would always give him a milk bone. That dog has lost ten-15 lbs and is nothing but skin and bones now. I will be calling humane society today, they have no water or food. If he isn’t home I’ll take them some food before I go to work. On the other hand it’s pretty disgusting that the United States is sending billions in aid to fight a war while they have thousands living on the streets. I’m not justifying the atrocities in Ukraine, however this government is a sham

I was up at a neighbors across the creek from me and he has two dogs penned up, one of them used to come over to me all the time when he was loose and I would always give him a milk bone. That dog has lost ten-15 lbs and is nothing but skin and bones now. I will be calling humane society today, they have no water or food. If he isn’t home I’ll take them some food before I go to work. On the other hand it’s pretty disgusting that the United States is sending billions in aid to fight a war while they have thousands living on the streets. I’m not justifying the atrocities in Ukraine, however this government is a sham

Good for you ! :thumbsup: it is always good to see people who care about neglected and/or abused animals, I also am saddened when I hear of people who just keep dogs penned up outside like they are things, they are emotional creatures who long for companionship and affection from their owners, they should be considered as a loving member of the family. IF someone is getting a dog to keep outside merely as a "security alarm" to bark at trespassers then that is wrong, they instead need to just get motion activated security cameras that will beep your phone wherever you are when it detects motion (a solar powered one is about $152 right now) and it works great. (I hear what you are saying about the needs at home in the US, but knowing that if this becomes a political discussion the mods are obligated by forum rules to step in, so I'll just generically say that oftentimes politicians might do or not do some things because of politics and just leave it at that)

Good for you ! :thumbsup: it is always good to see people who care about neglected and/or abused animals, I also am saddened when I hear of people who just keep dogs penned up outside like they are things, they are emotional creatures who long for companionship and affection from their owners, they should be considered as a loving member of the family. IF someone is getting a dog to keep outside merely as a "security alarm" to bark at trespassers then that is wrong, they instead need to just get motion activated security cameras that will beep your phone wherever you are when it detects motion (a solar powered one is about $152 right now) and it works great. (I hear what you are saying about the needs at home in the US, but knowing that if this becomes a political discussion the mods are obligated by forum rules to step in, so I'll just generically say that oftentimes politicians might do or not do some things because of politics and just leave it at that)

Politics has no place in this discussion, NONE! Just sayin'

Politics has no place in this discussion, NONE! Just sayin'

Agreed, occasionally a member who don't post a lot might forget, that is why I had included the friendly reminder when I posted "but knowing that if this becomes a political discussion the mods are obligated by forum rules to step in" as I wanted to also help any new members avoid turning it into a political discussion, and thanks for reaffirming that for the benefit of helping us all stay out of trouble :lol:

So its 2:30 am and those two dogs fenced up are crying. I got up, went over and fed them and gave them water. I’m calling animal control about this later. At least their bellies have some food in there now

So its 2:30 am and those two dogs fenced up are crying. I got up, went over and fed them and gave them water. I’m calling animal control about this later. At least their bellies have some food in there now

That was very good of you ! :thumbsup:

Thanks for caring for those neglected dogs that are unable to fend for themselves and depend on humans who are responsible and caring.

Sometimes karma works. Today was one of those days.

I'll make this short as possible.

People across road (they aren't "neighbors) I'll just say are less than desirable to live near.

One of their dogs ran at me as I was entering/closing my front gate. I shoo'd it away and told them to keep it off my property. No leash laws here :mad:, and the laws there are (feral groups and non-rabies vax'd) aren't enforced.

They called Sherriff dept, said I kicked their dog (I didn't naturally). I have security cameras which clearly showed I did not.

Kid across the road proceeded to threatened me, so since the SD was out for the "animal cruelty" report, I filed charges on him.

Court was today. They never filed the complaint with the court, so no charges against me. The kid however failed to appear.

He now has a bench warrant, $500 fine, and 30 days in jail with 28 suspended.

Poor pic (of a pic), of same kid picking said dog up by it's front leg.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-24 174909.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-24 174909.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 103
Sometimes karma works. Today was one of those days.

I'll make this short as possible.

People across road (they aren't "neighbors) I'll just say are less than desirable to live near.

One of their dogs ran at me as I was entering/closing my front gate. I shoo'd it away and told them to keep it off my property. No leash laws here :mad:, and the laws there are (feral groups and non-rabies vax'd) aren't enforced.

They called Sherriff dept, said I kicked their dog (I didn't naturally). I have security cameras which clearly showed I did not.

Kid across the road proceeded to threatened me, so since the SD was out for the "animal cruelty" report, I filed charges on him.

Court was today. They never filed the complaint with the court, so no charges against me. The kid however failed to appear.

He now has a bench warrant, $500 fine, and 30 days in jail with 28 suspended.

Poor pic (of a pic), of same kid picking said dog up by it's front leg.

That's sad, people like that kid who have shown themselves to abuse or neglect dogs should be banned from having any.

That's sad, people like that kid who have shown themselves to abuse or neglect dogs should be banned from having any.

I agree.

The solution here to keep from hearing your neighbors barking dogs?

Get your own louder barking dogs to drown theirs out. :lol:

Tried getting a neighbor to keep hers quiet.

She refused.

After receiving the case of tannerite I'd ordered, she moved away.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom