Deus 1/Deus2/Equinox/Legend Video Small Gold Nugget Testing

jmaclen

Elite Member
This video is the result of me trying to make some decisions. I gold prospect in some rough terrain and on some ridiculously mineralized ground. Very often, the only gold nuggets that can be found are very small and heavily masked by the iron mineralization.

So, if you want to watch 4 VLF detectors try to hit some tiny gold, with no commentary from me......great. The video is boring to a fault. The detectors are the stars along with my butt unfortunately.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...ting-deus-1deus2equinoxlegend/#comment-202384

Last edited:
This video is the result of me trying to make some decisions. I gold prospect in some rough terrain and on some ridiculously mineralized ground. Very often, the only gold nuggets that can be found are very small and heavily masked by the iron mineralization.

So, if you want to watch 4 VLF detectors try to hit some tiny gold, with no commentary from me......great. The video is boring to a fault. The detectors are the stars along with my butt unfortunately.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...ting-deus-1deus2equinoxlegend/#comment-202384

Some of my test pieces. Haven't got to test the gold baby ring or gold chain pieces yet since i been sick. The earring that is 18K is one of the toughest targets to hit instead of the gold nugget. Not only is it hinged, but has holes in the earring for the diamonds but also open rectangle holes. Found it with the Nox. So far the D2 has to be scrubbing it.

Attachments

• testgold.jpg
    testgold.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 156
I have to admit that I was expecting really good sensitivity to very small sub .5 gram targets with the Deus 2 land based simultaneous multi frequency programs. So far I have been disappointed. Some of that may have to do with EMI and mineralization along with my inexperience with Deus 2. I have used the General, Fast, Deep HC, Mono and Goldfield programs the most. The only one that seems to really be hot on sub .5 gram sized targets is the Mono program using the highest frequency settings. That makes sense for the Mono program. The other programs seem to mostly do better on .5 gram sized and bigger targets which is a really good thing in areas with lots of small bits of aluminum and iron trash. Not so good for micro jewelry and small gold nugget prospecting.

I haven't used Beach Sensitive yet so......no clue if it will hit .5 gram and smaller sized targets really well. I am also not sure about that .5 gram number. I guess it could depend on whether the target is flat and well oriented.

I will say that the programs I have been using have absolutely been killing it for coins and rings on edge or tilted. Remarkable performance.

Last edited:
I do mostly gold hunting now so it is very important to hit that odd stuff. itsaring has some great examples of the tough stuff. I have a lot I have found with my old DFX that are invisible to some of the top machines.

Some of my test pieces. Haven't got to test the gold baby ring or gold chain pieces yet since i been sick. The earring that is 18K is one of the toughest targets to hit instead of the gold nugget. Not only is it hinged, but has holes in the earring for the diamonds but also open rectangle holes. Found it with the Nox. So far the D2 has to be scrubbing it.

My At pro once found that identical earring, only because it was closed. Open it and bam! It disappears!

Back
Top Bottom