2nd seated!!........

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
.....but this time I used the detector.

I drove over to the 2nd townsite to see if I could find where the theatre once stood. I worked my way over from where I found the nice merc, and scored a 1917D wheat. A few feet from that I got a nickel signal, dug it, and out popped a 19XXD rubbed date buff. I picked up some junk, the smashed cap, and the small ??? that has a W embossed on it. As I got closer to where I thought the theater was, I picked a zincoln tone, and dug up the valve stem cover (model T?), and about 10' from that I found a Ford hub cap from the same type of vehicle (smashed, not pictured). Then I got a nice 25-27 signal on the NOX, dug down, and from the first side I saw, I thought I dug up a barber dime. NOPE! Once I turned it over I saw it was seated :shock::yes:

IMG_20220523_153421767 (2).jpg

This was only the 2nd seated anything I found, and the first with a metal detector! The first one I found in a bottle dump after smoothing out my dirt pile using a technique that a hunting buddy showed me. It was trashed, and probably burned in the bottle dump.

20211007_192637 (2).jpg

When I stood up to look around, I noticed that I was standing in front of where the theatre was when I saw the outlines on the ground, so Im thinking it was dropped on the porch of the theatre and fell through a crack. Because of the grass, its hard to find until you walk up on it.

IMG_20220523_170737191 (2).jpg

IMG_20220523_170823965 (2).jpg

I knew there had to be a seated liberty in one of these 2 townsites just based on the age of them. I hope to eventually find a shield nickel at one of these places sometime.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Very nice, TJ. The condition of this one more than makes up for the condition of your first!

It has been passed about a bit but now it has a real home. Congrats on your first Seated with the detector and a coin that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Love the details of your outings Tom, the research your doing is paying off. Trapper

Congrats on the seated. They seemed to be coming frequently for you now!

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Congrats on a super hunt!

Thanks Gauntlet!

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks RJ

Very nice, TJ. The condition of this one more than makes up for the condition of your first!

Thanks J! Never thought Id find another.

Congrats on the Seated dime :wow: That's a coin I really want to find, amongts a long list :lol: Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Thanks GS, the pre 1900 coins are around, but not too common. Theyre always a treat when I find them!

It has been passed about a bit but now it has a real home. Congrats on your first Seated with the detector and a coin that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Love the details of your outings Tom, the research your doing is paying off. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I have an old map of this townsite but its not to scale, and many of the buildings arent labeled. There is a hotel listed on the other side of the old rail line that I, or my hunting buddies have never hunted. Im going to hit it before the grass gets too high.

Back
Top Bottom