Deus II sales

I can tell you with 100% certainty the ONLY reason I will not purchase one is BECAUSE of one ex-member and one current member. XP are you listening ?

Hmmm, so maybe they're shilling for a different company, and this is the actual intent?

Sort of like a double-knot spies?

iu

I heard gas gonna be north of $7 a gallon by summer... I'm paying $6 a gallon for heating oil think I will waste $1600 a metal detector? No way... 6x330 gallons the detector can wait...

Yep, wants are going to be put on hold for the near future for many.

Gas just hit $5/gallon in my midwest town, which is something I never thought I'd see. On top of that, I just got notice from my natural gas utility that prices would DOUBLE starting May 1st.

I heard gas gonna be north of $7 a gallon by summer... I'm paying $6 a gallon for heating oil think I will waste $1600 a metal detector? No way... 6x330 gallons the detector can wait...

I am up to $200 on fuel to cut our yard and that is strategically spacing out cuts to save money. Just cutting the grass is now a major expense.

I still have 4 mowers even though I am officially retired. The two zero turns are fuel hogs but I cannot part with them.

I have eliminated a lot of my accounts been doing it 34 years and I am tired.. I kept a few commercials that have no grass to cut just plantings and clean ups plus a little pruning plus a half dozen homeowners I have had since 1989... I want no more... I was a late bloomer using a zero turn I used to ride on a velke on my bobcats then I parted with them and bought a zero turn I love it if I can't use it on a property I don't work there :yes:

Too expensive for me and I don't believe I could do any better or be any happier with it than what I already have.

THIS!

I doubt that the D2 is any better than my Vanquish 440 or Legend. Especially with my Vanquish set at a low iron bias, and the Legend's next update with pitch tones and a manual iron bias control. Well, certainly not worth 2 1/2 times the price of my Legend, and much more so than my Vanquish.

We have already reached the apex of what physics allows in a VLF metal detector. The future of metal detecting will be in visual identification. More specifically, a detector like the Nokta Invenio. If Nokta can get the price down, and the resolution up on the Invenio, then all our current detectors will become child's toys.

In my testing and usage experience (currently have the Legend, had the 540 for about 200ish hours) the D2 is better than both. If you used the D2 you would realize the real question is if the performance difference in the D2 is worth the increased cost, as that’s really the only debate in the comparison. You posted in another thread that you’re after deep old coins, and the D2 can see coins that the The Legend and Vanquish are blind to.

With all due respect, I doubt that. I'm certain my old Fisher 1266X and Tesoro Silver Saber hits coins as deep as my Legend, Simplex, or Vanquish.

The big question is target ID. Are you certain the D2 beats the competition at that?

if paying 1600 for a detector, i want shares in the company as well!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

THIS!

I doubt that the D2 is any better than my Vanquish 440 or Legend. Especially with my Vanquish set at a low iron bias, and the Legend's next update with pitch tones and a manual iron bias control. Well, certainly not worth 2 1/2 times the price of my Legend, and much more so than my Vanquish.

We have already reached the apex of what physics allows in a VLF metal detector. The future of metal detecting will be in visual identification. More specifically, a detector like the Nokta Invenio. If Nokta can get the price down, and the resolution up on the Invenio, then all our current detectors will become child's toys.

I agree! my vanquish is quite the '"sniper" for "short money!'
540 w/ 12" and 8 " coils will stay with anything at any price point!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

if paying 1600 for a detector, i want shares in the company as well!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

House bills they are real life.. not gonna blow $1600 on a detector now.. I don't need now... I'll get one later in year... I won't stop finding gold although I rarely hunt the summer months I mainly hunt winter months...

I won’t even talk about depth of Deus 2 really.

These past SMF detectors made before Deus 2, notice anything?
Don’t they really run on 2 freqs?
How about the detect modes on Equinox ?
Yeah we heard about freq weighting with Multi IQ didn’t we?

What about Deus 2?
It I think is using different freq pairs? Depending on program?

So it is possible for the Deus 2 fast program to do something as far as unmasking/separation (both with same size coils) EQX can’t do?
Also remember Minelab admitted fbsfbs2 is better on deeper higher conductors vs Eqx. Doesn’t this have anything to do with the higher freq used by EQX Vs fbs/fbs2?

Guess I am asking can just 2 freqs be chosen and run and be the end all for SMF detector ops for solving all possible equations in the wild looking for nonferrous goodies?
Xp chose not to go that route with Deus 2, wonder why?
Did they indeed see some weaknesses in doing?

Btw, notice Nokta Makro seems is going to add M3 (this maybe different freq used) to Legend it seems with update.
Wonder why?
Did they maybe after testing Deus 2 see a strength hence they can indeed add similar to Legend?
Just a thought.

Also of special note.
Notice what Xp was able to achieve with single freq ops (yet selectable).
What exactly?
They were able to use large freq span on one coil. This in the past was it seems unachievable for the most part. (This large a span freq wise).

And now they are using highest freq (stable) on wet salt sand than any other manufacturer has in the past.

You think the other manufacturers are taking notes on what Xp did with Deus 2?
They would be fools not to imo.

Last edited:
I doubt that the D2 is any better than my Vanquish 440 or Legend. Especially with my Vanquish set at a low iron bias, and the Legend's next update with pitch tones and a manual iron bias control. Well, certainly not worth 2 1/2 times the price of my Legend, and much more so than my Vanquish.QUOTE]

I have owned all of the Vanquish models, own the Legend, own the Equinox and own Deus 1.

Deus 2 in every way from everything I have seen, read and heard, especially from Vanquish/Deus 2 owners is better than any Vanquish model. Are the Vanquish models a great bang for the buck…….definitely. Am I going to be successful with a Vanquish in moderate to high mineralization (since it cannot be ground balanced) or in thick iron or modern aluminum/steel trash (since it also does not have adjustable recovery speed and limited iron bias) ????? Not from my experience. Depth and stable target IDs in milder mineralization and very sparse trash are the strongpoints of the Vanquish apart from their price. Deus 2 can do all of that and a whole lot more. Same with the Legend. The Legend has so much more to offer than the Vanquish models.

Dont’ get me wrong. I really like the Vanquish detectors but Deus 2 is on a different level, period. So is the Legend. Those detectors offer so much more versatility than a Vanquish. Is the Deus 2 worth it………..if you are not a diver, salt beach hunter or thick iron trash relic hunter??????? The Legend is definitely worth its price point for sure.

Personally, I hope Deus 2 full model sales slow down a bit so that XP can catch up with production, and release standalone coils for sale, Deus 2 Lite setups, and all of the diving shaft and other accessories that the surf/diving community are asking for now.

Back
Top Bottom