Needed To Tell The Time….

Pete e

Elite Member
I am one of those people who likes to know the time, whether I am in a rush or not. I don’t like wearing a wrist watch while detecting, and usually have my phone off to avoid EMI or “audio interference” from people ringing while in the field…

Initially, I considered a pocket watch, but could not find what I wanted without spending far more than I wanted…Then I looked at fob watches and they were closer but still not quite right…

So I eventually decided to modify the strap on a cheap Casio watch…I know have a relatively cheap waterproof, shockproof and accurate fob watch which clips conveniently to the shoulder strap of my detecting harness…It actually works very well and it was well worth the 30 minutes to stitch up the new strap.

Attachments

• 2ABA7764-E745-4AD2-8C09-19EA7A0C2E0C.jpg
    2ABA7764-E745-4AD2-8C09-19EA7A0C2E0C.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 367
No, I think it's from the Illuminator range...iirc it's actually one of their cheaper models although it's waterproof to 50m...I do have a couple of G Shocks that I use when fishing or hunting, but didn't want to use one of those for this particular project..

Edited to add this is the one: https://www.watchshop.com/watches/casio-watch-w-218h-1avef.pdp

I dunno what prices are like over the pond, but here in the States, you can get a G-Shock for not much more than what you linked to (about $40, or 30 quid).

I dunno what prices are like over the pond, but here in the States, you can get a G-Shock for not much more than what you linked to (about $40, or 30 quid).

Like most things, they tend to run more expensive over here...I don't particularly like overly complicated, blinged out watches, so tend to use the G Shock below, which is one of the solar versions:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/casio-gori...55&hvtargid=pla-337121001270&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

I think I only paid £60 for mine, but that was a few years back and it was in a sale....

I worked in kitchens for years and wristwatches were often frowned upon for health code reasons. Our solution was what are now called Nurse Watches. Pretty much the same thing you made, but they met sanitation standards. If your design doesn’t work out consider those as an alternative.

Back
Top Bottom