Mystery Box #2!!!

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
Well for anyone who remembers, last year I found a mystery box in the ground (here). Today I went to my time killer park which dates back to modern development in the 1950s, but I recover a civ item here and there as I bump through the trash...still no silver though :(

So today I am going through a trashy area and get a loud, but low signal on the nox800. As I dig in, I start flipping this piece of metal around but it wont come up. It almost looked like a twisted strap. Well as I pull some more dirt and move it again it hits me that its an ammo can! So, I looked around to make sure I am not getting punked by a prankster watching me, then I gave it a pull......Guess what was inside as you scroll...

So, a .30 cal ammo can, hidden on a hillside beside an old park....

here it comes......

If you guess modern time capsule of random stuff, you're right! :laughing:

Thanks for looking!

Well look at it this way at least you got lunch money!!![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] happy hunting buddy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha thanks for the comments!

As far as bomb squad and putting it to use. Let's say I'm trained on one and have access to unlimited of the other. 😅

Cool find, take the twenty, Write a note , add and rebury. Just a thought. Good luck, Mark

Thanks! I did take the $20, but I'm going to buy something crazy for it and throw it in there. It's an easy access spot, so I won't have an issue getting back in it. It would be awesome to see their confusion as they find stuff that they didn't put in there.

Fun find. What year was it left there? Was there a note of explanation inside?

My first guess was a survivalists ammo/etc stash, then a time capsule, then it dawned on me it might be someones deceased pet. Ewww, glad I was wrong on that.

Fun find. What year was it left there? Was there a note of explanation inside?

My first guess was a survivalists ammo/etc stash, then a time capsule, then it dawned on me it might be someones deceased pet. Ewww, glad I was wrong on that.

No notes, looking at the pictures inside it looks like a family with kids put it there to look at themselves in the future kind of thing. But the magazine (I forget the exact date) was within a month or two of the Trump/hillary election in 2016.

LOL...very funny find! I would definitely put something in there that didn't belong in there. Nothing harmful, but, basically, it would be a longterm prank!

Here's what you do.
Add some stuff and setup a fake email and add the address and rebury it. See how long it takes

Good ideas all around, I have some fake treasure coins laying around and I might look for something totally bizarre. I do like the email idea, that would be cool too.

I have given ammo cans as Christmas gifts before. On a side note i once found a wine bottle on the beach with written letters in it. Found out it was dated the day before i found it.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom