Any info on this Coke bottle?

Boostnbuds

Hey guys, came across this bottle recently. It's a dark green 10oz glass bottle with white coke lettering. The bottom is stamped pittson pa. It seems pretty rare as I cant find one like it lol. Year? Why such a dark emerald green? Any value to this thing? I'll try and include a couple pics. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 30096.jpg
    30096.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 462
  • 30095.jpg
    30095.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 427
Probably early 80's made. Maybe a special promotion bottle. I would guess worth a little more than a clear one but not much.

Steve

I had contacted coca-cola and they said they're not sure they ever manufactured an emerald green bottle. Is "80's, probably a promotional bottle" just a random guess? I could have also guessed that I suppose. Anyone have any more educated information?

Worth what someone is willing to pay eh? I hadn't considered that lol. Thanks for your contribution 🤣👍

So far i have never ran across a green one. Pretty cool. But would make me think i had a sprite bottle with a girly figure:lol:

Thanks, I had seen that emerald green one but it said only a few survived. That's what got me more curious about this particular bottle. My dad used to collect antique coke memorabilia, he had some really rare $$ pieces. Was wondering if this is some kind of treasure lol.

I also don't know the deal with these emerald green Cokes, though I have seen them online from time to time. Odd that whoever at Coke that Boostnbuds contacted wasn't familiar with them. Maybe getting ahold of someone else in their Archives or Records dept. may know more. A matter of getting to the right person. The fact that the above examples are all from Pittston, Pa. bottler suggests it was some kind of test.

I think these may have been tests to see if the product would keep longer or some kind of marketing ploy. Whatever the case, they are certainly worth saving. Similarly, I have this green 7 fl. oz. Fanta (Coca-Cola Co.) bottle from 1960 that also is an oddity that has kept me wondering about.

Attachments

• DSCN6155.jpg
    DSCN6155.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 349
Thanks, I had seen that emerald green one but it said only a few survived. That's what got me more curious about this particular bottle. My dad used to collect antique coke memorabilia, he had some really rare $$ pieces. Was wondering if this is some kind of treasure lol.

I would hang on to it. I literally could not see Coca Cola ever doing this on purpose. I know employees at marble factories and blown glass factories used to mess around at the end of the day. Maybe Coca Cola employee's do too? FWIW i always loved Coke and Dr. Pepper. When i was young Coca Cola had a promotion where you had to collect caps to spell Coca cola. The L was the hard one to get. I went and got a free t shirt and got to tour a factory where i live. Not everybody's thing but!:lol:

I would hang on to it. I literally could not see Coca Cola ever doing this on purpose. I know employees at marble factories and blown glass factories used to mess around at the end of the day. Maybe Coca Cola employee's do too? FWIW i always loved Coke and Dr. Pepper. When i was young Coca Cola had a promotion where you had to collect caps to spell Coca cola. The L was the hard one to get. I went and got a free t shirt and got to tour a factory where i live. Not everybody's thing but!:lol:

So true about the employees "messing around".
When beer can collecting was big in the late '70s-early 80s, a bunch of "mistake" cans started flooding the hobby. Cans printed upside down, one label printed over the other, cans sealed with nothing inside, all for the collector market, as oddities would really be something to brag about. I can't say that's the case with the emerald green pop bottles, though.

Attachments

• Falstaff-7Up.jpg
    Falstaff-7Up.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 257
Back
Top Bottom