American & British coppers, Old Silver, 18th century buttons... an incredible hunt!

Metaldiggr

We got an amazing new permission and had just an incredible hunt. I found the farm on one of my oldest maps, it's surrounded by some of the earliest farms in the area all of which were built in the early to mid 1700's, this one was gone by 1915. Steve and I set out with a map drawn by the adjacent farm's owner who said he remembered his grandfather talking about the farm. I found the iron shortly after hitting the field, things really took off after that. Multiple British coppers, early Matron Largie, A heavily blacken Seated that I initially thought was a haf-cent - I was in shock when I saw something shining back at me. Even some 18th century buttons! What an amazing hunt! The best part, we had a total of about 3 hours in on this one. This fall, when the crops are down, we will be back for Part II!
If you're interested in seeing the finds: https://youtu.be/fv1sfWa-l8M

Attachments

• Seated.jpg
    Seated.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Largie.jpg
    Largie.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 158
  • KG3 2.jpg
    KG3 2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Tombac.jpg
    Tombac.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 172
  • KG3 1.jpg
    KG3 1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 179
  • Thumb 052322 2 7.jpg
    Thumb 052322 2 7.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 158
Congrats on the seated and copper. I love seeing large old copper in the hole! Good luck in the future.

Steve

excellent video. Shows the good, the bad, and the ugly. Love the live reveals. Thanx for bringing us along !

Back
Top Bottom