• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Max's Rings And Silver Dime VDI Readings From Last Couple Of Hunts.....

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Put in an hour after work yesterday and about 3 hours today. I got 2 silver rings today, and a silver dime yesterday. Lots of clad. Those one and two dollar coins quickly bring up the $$$ totals. Should be a nice gold coin purchase this year.

Below are the silver finds with the VDI numbers. Silver nearly always gives off a smother repeatable signal.

Attachments

• bj2.jpg
    bj2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 241
I always find your threads so informative. Nice rings. It must be interesting to hit the dollar coins. How do the dollar coins ring up on your VDI?

I always find your threads so informative. Nice rings. It must be interesting to hit the dollar coins. How do the dollar coins ring up on your VDI?

When introduced, loonie coins were made of Aureate, a bronze-electroplated nickel combination. Beginning in 2007, some loonie blanks also began to be produced with a cyanide-free brass plating process. In the spring of 2012, the composition switched to multi-ply brass-plated steel.

Fresh ones (clean-shiny) can give a weak signal, however, the majority of them bang real hard 70-85, depending on how much of the surface has signs of wear and tear, or exposed iron from the nickel plating being worn off.

I read an article a couple of years ago, where the US Government was considering going the way of Canada, with nickel plated steel. I hope they don't, as currently your coinage is so easy to read on metal detectors.

Back
Top Bottom