• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Searcher Jan 2018 issue

Check out this beauty of a find! I wish, I wish, I wish! :iwish:

Attachments

• searcher.jpg
    searcher.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 371
17" deep on a thin low/mid conductor coin, would it even get near that in an air test?

Very surprised, it's not like a Garrett user to exaggerate??:laughing:

17" deep on a thin low/mid conductor coin, would it even get near that in an air test?

The depth is probably in centimeters not inches... Regardless of the depth it's still the find of a lifetime.

Attachments

• a9.gif
    a9.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 291
17cm makes a lot of sense. That's between 6 and 7 inches. Definitely realistic for the AT Pro. One of my last targets before winter set in was a nickel at a measured 10". That's with the Nel Storm coil on the ATPro.

Dan

17cm makes a lot of sense. That's between 6 and 7 inches. Definitely realistic for the AT Pro. One of my last targets before winter set in was a nickel at a measured 10". That's with the Nel Storm coil on the ATPro.

Dan

She doesn't mention which coil she used. I wonder if was a Nel or just the stock?

It was reported across the UK newspapers and on Facebook at 16", i'd say it's defo a typo by the original reporter, we mostly use inches here, so probably 6".
After auction fees etc it sold for £40,000 split 50/50 with the landowner, a nice few hours work!!

U in h him

She dug a 17 inch hole but the coin was probably shallower.

Back
Top Bottom