Tesoro Sand Shark owners...HELP!

Walrus350

Elite Member
I went to the beach a couple days ago and my SS was working flawlessly. (with exception of EMI/RFI from aircraft and lifeguard towers)
I put in fresh recharchables and head to a beach a couple miles north. EVERY swing was a signal but only to the left. I attributed it to the fact it was high tide. I've been to that beach before, without the issue. I was pissed and left after messing with my settings, checking the coil cover for sand and checking for loose coil wire.
On the drive home I was plotting for ways to sell my SS and what other detector to get. I can't return it to amazon because it's past the return. I re-read the manual and it says you get a warranty if you send the registration card 10 days after purchase. (I sent it in 2 weeks ago lol got it Dec 18th)
Then I remembered how the detector was after receiving it. It had 1 screw bouncing around the box. I took a pic and sent it to Tesoro. They said it would be okay for me to replace the screw. I just slapped it on without the ribbon behind it.

Apparently the screw holds the wire ribbon secure. At least that's what I figure why my machine was acting crazy today. So I unscrewed the assembly, tucked the ribbon behind the bracket and secured it.

Can you guys with SS confirm this is how it should look?

TOP PIC: How I "fixed" my machine
Bottom: How my SS came out the box

Hope this post made some sense.

Attachments

• 20180218_113531 1.jpg
    20180218_113531 1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 68
  • 20171218_140056 1.jpg
    20171218_140056 1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom