What and how do u carry?

The best thing I ever did was buy "Black Hawk Light Weight Tactical Pants" on Amazon. They are about $45-50 a pair, but they are AMAZING!!! Water beads off, have enough pockets for everything! Knife (or magazine) pockets, zipper pockets for wallets, deep rear pockets, cargo pockets, they are awesome.

I carry Garrett PP on my AT Pro (using the belt holder modified for the arm cuff), I carry the digger on Left hip (even though I am right handed), carry my Glock IWB holster right hip :D , and 2 pouches i got at Lowe's for a couple bucks. They have zippers so one is for small trash and one for finds.
If I'm on private property I use a pocket in my cargo pants for the really good finds!

This tool belt has room for all my tools and finds. $20 at Harbor Freight.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,543
I've been going back and forth between different ways to carry my lesche, gpp, 18" sampson, kneeling pad and finds pouch. I've made sheaths of different kinds, tried different pouches, and everything in between but just can't get satisfied. How what do u carry on your person when in the hunt.
I don't believe in a tool belt much like Mr. Miyagi: "In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope to hold up pants."

Left hand scoop w/towel and trowel
Right rear pocket Pro pointer
T-shirt pocket acts as a small pouch for small finds
Clipped to right pocket I keep a screwdriver/probe/self defense tool tucked into my cell case. Nobody but me knows if and where I'm packing heat.
Right leg pocket of cargo shorts, all the trash finds
Left leg pocket of cargo shorts my keys and wallet
Shovel gets stabbed into the ground and left in place until I find something deep.

As lightly as possible.

I've learned A digger and pinpointer is all I need after a few years in the hobby.

For woods hunting, I pack alot more "Stuff" But otherwise I like a digger in the back pocket, and a propointer in the front pocket, and I am off to see the wizard!

Ozarks, what do you put your finds and trash in?

When in parks, I put coins in one side pocket of my khakis and junk in the other side pocket. If it's large junk, I just carry it to a trash can. I should state that I dig everything above iron and foil in parks, so I don't dig "as much" trash as someone detecting an old homestead.

When in the woods, I have a finds pouch because the trash to treaure ratio is higher in that environment in my experience.

Just how I like to roll, light and efficient if possible. :)

I use a military web belt.

On it, I have My Lesche, a Predator Raptor, ProPointer, and a surplus military canvas pouch for finds. I have a medicine bottle in the pouch for good finds.

Trying to carry too much stuff that never gets used becomes a burden. I learn to pack light and take nothing I won't use.

2 pocket pouch for finds and trash.
Garrett pro pointer.--I wear carpenter pants and use the ruler pocket on the right side to carry the pro pointer. It fits perfectly.
Predator tools model 58 dixie long handle shovel. I carry it in hand and use it as a walking stick.
Predators tools raptor. I either carry it in the sheath or in the 2 pocket pouch.
A screw driver.
Knee pads.

Think outside the box.... :D

I used to use a heavy leather bag with 2 pockets I picked up at Lowe's. Lesche in the sheath that it came with and the same with the GPP.

Last year we picked up some of these to use as prizes for a seeded hunt and I purchased one for myself.

02361401852.jpg

f_4257t_1.jpg

f_4257t_2.jpg

This is a Browning Trapper Creek Half Vest. The quick clip around belt is built into it and can adjust for a large guy. Both of the sides on the front have TWO nice, deep pockets each. The pockets have snaps to extend to larger sizes. The back is mesh and has openings with elastic at an angle at the top of both sides. The bottom of the mesh has a zip for ease of emptying it. It was designed for going hunting / target shooting with shotguns. This half vest even has built-in side D rings.

Is it super heavy, rugged material? No. But it's handy and LIGHTWEIGHT. I don't miss that heavy leather bag trying to drag my pants down. Besides, now I have a bit of cover in the back if they slip. lol No mooning people while digging! :D It's nice having the belt built in. A few members throw a bottle of water into the part hanging at back. If you had trash that wasn't SHARP, you could dump it back there easily by feel and then just unzip to dump it after the hunt. Jagged edges would be bad on the mesh. If you or the Mrs. were handy with a sewing machine, you could mod one of these quite a few ways to suit your needs (extra little pocket / loop for the propointer inside a pocket, etc).

They retailed for $40 but we got them from an overstock site for around $17 and change ea. I'm not saying this is a solution for you, necessarily, but I can't tell you how much I enjoy using this lightweight solution over that heavy bag when out swinging the machine. Think outside the normal solutions everyone uses...

I'd eliminate the kneeling pad with a good pair of knee pads.

I'm taking your advise. I placed an order for a browning half vest last night. The knee pads I can't do though. I just can't get used to them being wrapped my knees.

I use an old leather electricians belt. Plenty of different sized pockets for my digging tools, pin pointer, trash and treasure, easy on and off tough as nails, and inexpensive.

$17.25 on Amazon. This is a medium, you can get smaller (down to $6.29 in price - see bottom of page in the link)

I have used knee pads in the past,but after a while the backs of my legs get sweaty. Now I carry one of those blue boat cushions with me, it gives me more area to wiggle and they are nice and padded....and waterproof!

I have used knee pads in the past,but after a while the backs of my legs get sweaty. Now I carry one of those blue boat cushions with me, it gives me more area to wiggle and they are nice and padded....and waterproof!

Yeah, that totally bugs me, too, which is why I got this style back when I was welding a lot. The thin rubber straps are far better than a full back.

Home_Pro_Rubber_knee_pads_tiling_tool_carpet_tool_floor_tool_.jpg

I carry a 1" thick gardening pad made of heavy foam, it has a carrying handle molded into one end and I just plop it down next to the target and drop down with my knees on it . It's very light and I just hang it over my trowel handle in my electricians belt and it stays put...it's very easy on the knees.

I carry a 1" thick gardening pad made of heavy foam, it has a carrying handle molded into one end and I just plop it down next to the target and drop down with my knees on it . It's very light and I just hang it over my trowel handle in my electricians belt and it stays put...it's very easy on the knees.

I have the same thing, works great. I carry mine in left hand while I detect. And if I have my sampson with me I just hang the mat off my tool belt. The mat cost me $5 if I recall..I used it all last year an so far this year. Fiskers makes it and its olive green color.

What I have

I went to wal mart and went to the camping section and bought a fanny pack, it has 2 zippered compartments in the front and 2 water bottle compartments on each side. The water bottle compartments hold my hi-def camera and a bottle of water. And it's about $10-$15.

I use a simple nail apron from Menard's. 83 cents, including tax. When I used my gpp, I put it in one of the 2 pockets, until I bought a Sunray. I wear knee pads and carry my Lesche in my non-swinging hand. I found that the more I carry around my waist, the more time I spend pulling my shorts up. My truck is never very far away, but I'll bring a bottle of water along and leave it in the grass until I'm thirsty. It moves to a new section of ground when I do.

Back
Top Bottom