Saved by one silver

StratTone

Elite Member
Got out to a school in my town built in the 50s that is fenced and always closed. I've hunted the front portion before and found a couple wheats so I have always wondered.

They are doing some construction and the gates were open so myself and a hunting buddy of mine gave it a shot. Early on he found a '42 Merc so my hopes were high but I didn't find anything for a good 3 hours till I found my first wheat. Took a break and had my last water and gave it one more shot and got the '59 Rosie to save the day. Total was $10.04 in clad, 1 Canadian cent, 1 wheat, and one silver Rosie.

Attachments

• QMNtvyP.jpg
    QMNtvyP.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 330
  • KDmQ3mm.jpg
    KDmQ3mm.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 329
Nice job spotting the open gate and seizing the opportunity to hunt!
That clad haul alone looks like a fun hunt but it's always sweet to find silver,
Congrats on the Rosie and all the rest!

Thanks fellas! Yeah it was a good hunt no complaints here. :D I want to go back but it's blistering hot in GA and the ground is back to concrete.

Got out to a school in my town built in the 50s that is fenced and always closed. I've hunted the front portion before and found a couple wheats so I have always wondered.

They are doing some construction and the gates were open so myself and a hunting buddy of mine gave it a shot. Early on he found a '42 Merc so my hopes were high but I didn't find anything for a good 3 hours till I found my first wheat. Took a break and had my last water and gave it one more shot and got the '59 Rosie to save the day. Total was $10.04 in clad, 1 Canadian cent, 1 wheat, and one silver Rosie.

Saved by a silver Rosie? that thing is worth wayyyy less than your $10 in clad! I'd say $10 in clad is worth the trip!

Saved by a silver Rosie? that thing is worth wayyyy less than your $10 in clad! I'd say $10 in clad is worth the trip!

lol Very true but where I'm from there really isn't much silver coins in the ground here so it's always a win when I dig up a silver coin of any kind.

lol Very true but where I'm from there really isn't much silver coins in the ground here so it's always a win when I dig up a silver coin of any kind.

I feel the same way, about rings, and silver. It's just fun to find them! Makes me feel like I "accomplished" something in the hunt!

Back
Top Bottom