Where is the treasure

georgeinsc

Elite Member
I am having the worst year ever when it comes to beach finds.

I have not seen anything that even looks like gold. Only one sterling item and not a lot of clad. My favorite beach was just re-nourished and the tourists are not leaving enough treasure. Yesterday i hit the beach at 5:45 and walked off at 9. Heat and humidity had given me a beating and I had sucked all the water out of my 3 liter pack.

$2.95 in clad, 20 some Felix's,. one junk ring and one 26 inch 5mm 22.2 gr sterling necklace. First sterling I have found on the beach this year.

But the junk ring fits.

Attachments

• DSC01206.JPG
    DSC01206.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC01203.JPG
    DSC01203.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 426
The Sterling piece is a great recovery George and pretty hefty. Sorry your year has not been up to standards. Hope the 2nd half of the year makes up for it. Trapper

That sure is a nice piece that you have found! Sometimes they are far and few between, but keep swinging.

At least you finally found something. Beginning of the year was good for me. Summer so far is bad. Looking forward to October and beyond !

Maybe if you try to put in more time. How about 5pm to 7am.
10 to 12 hours for me really really pays off.

At 78 years of age I wear out fat too quickly. I rarely detect at night. I have very poor night vision since I have macular degeneration in my right eye and it cuts night vision considerable. I do not like people I can not see walking up close to me. Makes me reach for my pepper spray.

At night on our local beaches "No Lights" because of turtles laying their eggs and them hatching.

So I do what I can. The year started pretty good with a couple pieces of sterling and one of them was a necklace with a .999 silver pendant. Dug over 40 dollars in clad also. Then the finds dried up

Back
Top Bottom