Garrett Carrot issues

stetam

Elite Member
It seems the sides of the pinpointer have much better sensitivity than the tip making pinpointing difficult. Is this common?

Steve

Some say that feature is desirable. To me I like tip only detection like the TRX. The up the shaft detecting makes the carrot a general area detector rather than a "pin Pointer".

Steve, I think this is common with all Carrots. Hence one of the reasons Whites
introduced the TRX. If you are having trouble pinpointing with the carrot, try turn sensitivity down a notch. I never run at full sensitivity. I dont ever want it to false either.

One advantage if you want to call it is, say you come across a surface find.
You put the pinpointer tip down and try to locate. Cant find it? Try laying the pointer on its side and start waving like a wand. Most of the time that little extra depth will find it. I do this a couple of times on every outing.

Jer

It seems the sides of the pinpointer have much better sensitivity than the tip making pinpointing difficult. Is this common?

Steve

I have noticed that the side seem to be more sensitive to "hot rock" than the tip. I don't mind having both sensitivies. Sometimes the sides pick up nearby in the hole above the tip. I sometimes use the carrot tip to more accurately localize a shallow target, although it is an "all metal" tool and may localize on nearby junk rather than the discriminated goodie. It's even a fun exploration tool in thin soil/shallow target areas. The natives are easily wowed! Cargo cultist?

They are like that. You can adjust it to help zoom in on a target. I do this and it seems to help it center in on the target. Check the owners manual on adjusting. Good luck [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom