YouTube videos.

jruckman38

Elite Member
I like watching MD videos on you tube but what I hate is when they pinpoint with the detector and it takes them forever to do it. I mean just pinpoint it and dig it up. Also they use the pinpointer for digging tool. Does anybody else see this. If so what's your take.

J I agree too!! I understand letting people hear the target as they swing over it but we can do without 30 seconds of pinpointing with the detector. If someone used my pinpointer like some of the videos I would snatch it out of their hands!! Plus i have seen uncover a target, decide they don't want it and re-bury it....you dig you take it in my book

That's what other tools are for. Even a spoon if needed. I wouldn't chance ruining my Pro pointer. But I'm not rich.....

J I agree too!! I understand letting people hear the target as they swing over it but we can do without 30 seconds of pinpointing with the detector. If someone used my pinpointer like some of the videos I would snatch it out of their hands!! Plus i have seen uncover a target, decide they don't want it and re-bury it....you dig you take it in my book

I agree you dig it you take it.

I probably take a lot longer pinpointing, then most people. If it's a sharp, clean signal, not so deep, usually just a few passes. Deeper stuff, with mixed signals, I go over many times. I want to know how big it is, get real close to how deep, and physical location, so I don't gouge it with the digging tool, without digging a crater. I use the pinpointer as a wand, not a probe or digging tool, pry bar. Might scrape a little dirt to the side, but my dirt is almost like beach sand. The Propointer still failed, twice... Can't imagine people shoving them in the ground, like a tent stake. Least Garrett will repair and replace, regardless of how or why, about the only thing that makes it worth the $127.50 price.

I take everything out of the hole, not just the intended target. I'll stand up and rescan the hole, dirt I removed, until no more beeps. I usually intend to go back and hunt another day, if finding targets interesting enough to dig, there will be more. Pointless to keep digging the same hole.

I’ll grant you the ProPointer is no tent stake, but it is a tool. I mean the thing does have a scraper blade on it. I’ll use it to scrape the sides of holes but not too did a hole.

My pet peave is video with music or typed words vs narrated by voice, If i want to hear music i will turn on a radio. I do however like listening to the language of the detector while watching videos even though i use headphones while detecting on my own.

My pet peave is video with music or typed words vs narrated by voice, If i want to hear music i will turn on a radio. I do however like listening to the language of the detector while watching videos even though i use headphones while detecting on my own.

If I hear music and no detector then im done with that vid lol. And I agree with the pinpointing. Pinpoint the target and dig it up already. I plan to make a lot of vids this year.

Dang, I need to hunt where some of you guys hunt if pinpointing is always that easy. Shallow strong signals are pretty easy but if it's deeper and more iffy i usually spend some time pinpointing it. Also making sure that I've pinpointed the right target.

I'm the same way top. I hate added music or typed words, unless it is difficult to hear the person speaking. At times, text is needed. Also, nice if they turn the camera off, get to what we are here to actually see and then turn it back on, or edit later. I don't expect a professionally made movie. I like the home spun feel of it all. Regular people videoing what they like to do.

Back
Top Bottom