Ring a ding, ding,ding,ding

melbajoe

Forum Supporter
Four rings today, like I said earlier I can’t read any markings while in the water so I figured I killed it today-WRONG😋. Of course I’m not complaining-oh wait yes I am😖left to righ, junker, what I thought was a chunky silver turns out to be tungsten(#3 for the year) next when it came out I thought the stone was blue(sapphire?) and I saw writing inside- 925 and black stone and last my last hope when it came out YES yellow and maybe ice. Markings inside. I’m confused though markings are. CO-074 750 A1? 18k? What’s A1? Tried to google no luck. Ideas? Thanks. And don’t get on me about complaining about 4 rings-lol. After posting I see the 4 ring shot is upside down and backwards so let is right-although I’m sure u can figure that out. Sorry

Attachments

• B336A7ED-9410-490E-AE13-C53ED3E75D87.jpg
    B336A7ED-9410-490E-AE13-C53ED3E75D87.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 751
  • 0591AD04-ED25-40C5-AA29-6A2B33A2A038.jpg
    0591AD04-ED25-40C5-AA29-6A2B33A2A038.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 702
I was wondering how you stuck them the the ceiling for that pic.:laughing:

Get your gold while you can buddy.... aint none down here.

I hit the red tide today....... think about chopping up a LOT of garlic... put it in a jar..... then stick your nose in it while you detect. I left the beach just a tad green around the gills.

Great finds......

I hit the red tide today....... think about chopping up a LOT of garlic... put it in a jar..... then stick your nose in it while you detect. I left the beach just a tad green around the gills.

Great finds......

:laughing: fish soup and garlic.

yeah 750 is 18K... I'd love to say I don't care about the rest of the markings, but I think A1 means its plated... Sorry... only way to tell for sure is to see what's underneath the surface with a scratch test...

As for the rock, do the fog test against it and a known diamond. Being pure carbon, real diamonds dissipate heat FAST..> They won't hold a fog like a fake stone will. It's easy to test for them, if you have something to compare against. When in doubt, just fog a CZ, and you'll instantly see what I mean!

Cheers,

Skippy

Tough call, best like skip said, do the surface test, then look under. Still a good day out, I've not seen the water for a week now.. I would be happy with 4 pulltabs.

Joe to the left of the hallmarks on the gold ring it looks like pitting to me... the smelter told me he would only take gold plated stuff if I brought him 5 pounds of it... I got about a pound do far maybe we can put our stuff together and then split the $5.00 worth of gold they recover :D

Dang that’s a lot of rings for an outing, congrats!

On my phone but maybe look at this angle? “The hallmark engraving reads 750A1 (one of the Spanish authorized hallmarks” I found on Google amongst a lot of Yamaha o-rings...item it was referencing was gone so only google cache info I guess. Worth a look!

https://www.lot-art.com/auction-lot...s/19694151-010ct_white_gold_750-21.7-catawiki

Thanks for the info, I did check it out and one of the pics looks just like what I have. The one thing that bothers me is that the outside of the ring is gold colored while the inside is silver . When I get home I'll check the stone with my diamond tester- if it's real then it's 18k if not it's prob plated and I can ship it to Craig to add to his 5 pounds:laughing:

Great finds......

Thanks Dew, it's really a shame that red tide is just trashing the beaches down there. I thought maybe Florence would blow that !!!! out into the gulf. Maybe there is a place that rents hazmat suits:laughing:

yeah 750 is 18K... I'd love to say I don't care about the rest of the markings, but I think A1 means its plated... Sorry... only way to tell for sure is to see what's underneath the surface with a scratch test...

As for the rock, do the fog test against it and a known diamond. Being pure carbon, real diamonds dissipate heat FAST..> They won't hold a fog like a fake stone will. It's easy to test for them, if you have something to compare against. When in doubt, just fog a CZ, and you'll instantly see what I mean!

Cheers,

Skippy
Thanks for the info Skippy, I'm thinking the worst and hoping for the best. Joe

Joe to the left of the hallmarks on the gold ring it looks like pitting to me... the smelter told me he would only take gold plated stuff if I brought him 5 pounds of it... I got about a pound do far maybe we can put our stuff together and then split the $5.00 worth of gold they recover :D

Yesh-whenever I see pitting my face frowns and I say shoot!- or something like that:lol:.

NICE finds... Kept your excitement level up the whole time. Better than digging penny after penny all day. Or worse, no targets at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom