Possible to search online Civil War Areas in PA?

accteam

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a online website or maybe a certain keyword to use, if I wanted to search for civil war battles/camps/etc in PA?

Yes, I know PA is very big and I would short the search once I found a website to look this info up. I know some of you will suggest the libary but it will be a long time before I get the chance to goto it. 1. its very far away from where I will be in PA and there hours are not great...its a small town.

SO if anyone knows of a great website to search from, please let me know. I'm trying to keep my son interested in detecting. Thanks for all the help.

Try doing your research AROUND Gettysburg. Whatever you do, don't even have a detector in your trunk if you go to the battlefield.........instant jail time!!!!!!!!!!!! The town of Hanover had a skirmish leading up to Gettysburg. There were some encampments in the eastern part of the state, but not much to speak of. I bought a book on Forts Batteries and Encampments of Pennsylvania that will give some leads for all eras from 1600's thru 1800's. You will be better off with Colonial & Rev. War era around Philadelphia and neighboring counties such as Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties. Websites having to do with specific battlles are few.

Back
Top Bottom