• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Explain why a Tesoro is better than my B.H.

nevets2968

Seriously.

I mean the cheapy B.H. Pioneer 202 / quick draw 2 has 3 tones as opposed to the Tesoro's 1.

And no I'm not trying to be snarky...what can a tesoro (i'm thinking about a Mojave) that the fore mentioned b.h. can't ?

What I've found I using Tesoro's for years, is that what sets them apart, is in the discrimination. What good are more tones if the disc. Isn't there?

Try sweeping over a big piece of rusty iron. Where the BH will high tone false along with "maybe" an iron low tone, the Tesoro will give a broken tone before not sounding on it (that is if you don't over extend the sensitivity and iron disc' out).

I'd take disc. And the tone language of the Tesoro any day.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.
I wish there were more youtube videos of the Mojave seeing and more importantly hearing it in action.

The tesoro would be used strictly for coin shooting (and maybe jewelry.)

I've been looking at the Tesoro line too.And like the op ,been saying the same thing,what's a Tesoro gonna do that a metered machine can't?
But it's true,the Tesoro can do better from what I saw than a metered machine.If you set it to nickel and dig all repeatable signals you'll dig trash just like every other machine,,but you should be faster than all the monkeying around reading the meter.And deeper coins that lose Id and tone with a metered machine,you'll dig because you'll have that one tone saying it's something good.

I have a Tesoro Cibola and a ACE250. Before I mastered
the Tesoro I always complained about it having only one tone.
Once I understood "its language" it all changed.Now I choose
the Tesoro over the ACE. ACE 250 with its bell sound and 3 tones
is a good fun machine.But for tiny little targets Tesoro with its higher
Khrz frequency is really a winner.:aok:
HH
Rammjäger

I went out today with my ATP and my Silver Sabre (tesoro)....the ATP was picking up all kinds of signals in this lot I was in. The chatter was very annoying and after a few big hunks of iron and other trash metals the ATP was getting a bit heavy for me with the 8X10 coil on it. I went back to the truck and picked up the Silver Sabre and besides the difference in weight, the signals were much better and a lot less chatter. In the end, it made no difference...I only managed to find one stainless steel spoon, the rest of my targets were all trash.

Moral of the story, the Silver Sabre was a bit more comfortable to swing and less stressful on the ears ON TODAYS HUNT. I am not throwing the ATP under the bus, it was just not the right place and time for it today.

HDD

I have a Tesoro Cibola and a ACE250. Before I mastered
the Tesoro I always complained about it having only one tone.
Once I understood "its language" it all changed.Now I choose
the Tesoro over the ACE. ACE 250 with its bell sound and 3 tones
is a good fun machine.But for tiny little targets Tesoro with its higher
Khrz frequency is really a winner.:aok:
HH
Rammjäger
In some places I have to use the fun lil' Ace 250(w/sniper coil, of course:D). But at tot lots Compadre for gold!:cool:

A few times out with the Mojave and you will think your BH pioneer is junk. It separation and disc is is way faster and in old places with small iron that is trashy the Mojave will plain flat way outperform it.

A Mojave will find masked coins among trash much better than the BH. due to better discriminator circuitry and faster recovery speed of the processor.
You can set the disc. up to eliminate most aluminum and tabs,and not dig all the trash, but then you'll miss any gold that's there.

BH 202, my first detector.

It has automatic ground balance. If you use the auto notch button it seems to do better. It truely is a beep and dig detector. The three tones are nice also.

Tesoro has always made good stuff too. Here in the desert a lot of folks keep em handy. I would guess the tesoro a lil lighter.

Those are few things to consider.

Moral of the story, the Silver Sabre was a bit more comfortable to swing and less stressful on the ears ON TODAYS HUNT.

Which Silver Sabre are you using? I have two original Silver Sabres that I have been hunting with lately. They still find about as many coins as my newer detectors do.

I think everyone should have a Mojave in their detector arsenal. Mine pairs up great with my F75. The Mojave will find stuff that the F75 can't and the F75 will find stuff that the Mojave can't.

beephead

I think everyone should have a Mojave in their detector arsenal. Mine pairs up great with my F75. The Mojave will find stuff that the F75 can't and the F75 will find stuff that the Mojave can't.

beephead
I WOULD have if it had come out about the supposed time of the Cazador:mad:. Had to settle on another fine model, and money (even a bargain $251) doesn't come easily.:wow:

Big difference

Resale value. The Tesoro will sell right away and for more money. Dont get me wrong, I love the bounty hunter and they do find stuff. Its more important you learn the machine then to choose which one to use. HH

Generally , bounty hunter designs a $200 machine to meet the expectations of a $200 machine , ....they aren't bad necessarily , they do what they are supposed to do and usually meet expectations.

But the quality Tesoro designs into their machines has a well founded and proven reputation for exceeding what is normally expected from detectors in their respective price range , even though they are designed very " simple ". Better discrimination and an easy to learn " language" makes them easy to use and more accurate than what you would expect. After switching to the ATP I wouldn't trade it for a Tesoro but they are still a favorite of mine that I do miss sometimes.

Which Silver Sabre are you using? I have two original Silver Sabres that I have been hunting with lately. They still find about as many coins as my newer detectors do.

My first machine was a silver sabre II, and man was is hot and such a great old school detector. I would love to add another to my collection as that machine was my gateway detector to my current collection. Such a great machine and YES I will always own a Tesoro and my new travel machine is the Mojave!!

Now I am curious,
What difference (if any) is there between a Tejon and a Mohave?:?:

I WOULD have if it had come out about the supposed time of the Cazador:mad:. Had to settle on another fine model, and money (even a bargain $251) doesn't come easily.:wow:

What did you end up buying instead? My Mojave has paid for itself many times over with great finds. The fun that I'm having with Mojave is priceless.

Heck, the Mojave is one of Monte's favorite detectors. I knew it was a winner when I first read the specs. It's a 'classic'. I didn't even like the name Cazador.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom